Best rewards Visa or Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueflamenco

I've spent far too much time looking into this so I could really do with some advice. I'm looking for the best Visa or Mastercard rewards card. I would prefer Qantas points but I'll take Virgin or any other reward scheme as it would certainly be better than my current program.

It looks to me as though the HSBC Platinum Qantas card and the Woolworths Qantas card are two good options? I was considering getting the Woolworths card regardless since the annual fee is waived but then in the fine print I noticed that it is issued by HSBC. Would obtaining the Woolworths card make me ineligible to apply (as a new customer) for the HSBC Platinum Qantas card? :confused:

Edit: I see that others have similar Visa, Mastercard questions but nothing specific re HSBC vs Woolies..

I would hazard a guess that it should not matter - they are really different products.

I've spent far too much time looking into this so I could really do with some advice. I'm looking for the best Visa or Mastercard rewards card. I would prefer Qantas points but I'll take Virgin or any other reward scheme as it would certainly be better than my current program.

It looks to me as though the HSBC Platinum Qantas card and the Woolworths Qantas card are two good options? I was considering getting the Woolworths card regardless since the annual fee is waived but then in the fine print I noticed that it is issued by HSBC. Would obtaining the Woolworths card make me ineligible to apply (as a new customer) for the HSBC Platinum Qantas card? :confused:

Edit: I see that others have similar Visa, Mastercard questions but nothing specific re HSBC vs Woolies..

Recently there were discussions on another thread about Woolies card not to be used for "business" transactions so you may need to heed if you intend to earn points/miles from non-personal expenditure.

I've recently (Dec) chosen CitiBusiness Gold Visa card. Pays 1.25 reward points per $ spend, reward points translating 1:1 to QF program.

HSBC card is capped on points earn so you may start with the Woolworths EDR card seeing it earns a point a dollar and is free in the first year.
The "free points" you get from HSBC costs you the application fee to get them but there are more of them than Woolies offer.
if I was starting again I would still use Woolworths as a personal spend card. By the way,never pay either of these two cards a day or two late unless you want to see the dark side of credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back