Best credit card for ato payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris7mpp

Just wondering what are the best credit cards for ato payments. Best Amex cards and best visa/mc cards. I know some banks don't give points and things keep changing. So just wondering what's the latest?
Thanks

For MasterCard, the best one I've found is CBA Business Rewards (Platinum). (Up until 2 November, the standard CBA Diamond Rewards (MasterCard) was better, but from 2 November they have disallowed points from ATO transactions)
Annual cap of 300,000 points, allows points from ATO transactions
Earn rate = 1 point per $1 spent = 0.5 virgin velocity points / $1 spent...
ATO surcharge is 0.42% for Mastercard VS Amex of 1.45%. For me the extra points (if any) earned with AMEX are not worth the extra surcharge....just takes longer to achieve the desired # of reward points
A lot of Amex cards specifically make a point to reduce # of points / $1 for ATO transactions

Just wondering what are the best credit cards for ato payments. Best Amex cards and best visa/mc cards. I know some banks don't give points and things keep changing. So just wondering what's the latest?
Thanks

I know that this is a pretty daunting site when you first join but the search here or through google should soon narrow things down.

Try this to begin with, also daunting!
http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ons/ato-tax-office-payments-credit-17109.html

I put ATO in the search box, and the link above came up. Quite easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back