Best Australian Issued credit card for foreign online transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacej

Hey All - forgetting about points for a moment, which I know for some is hard, but is anyone able to tell me which is the best card to use (Australian Issued) for foreign transactions.

We have a large number of subscriptions based out of the US and Europe and Asia that charge out in their local currency, then of course the banks charge their nice little processing fee for this wonderful service.

Which bank/card would be the best to reduce this fee - if points are available, bonus, but in this instance, points not a concern.

Thanks

For a credit card, the GE 28 degrees card.
For a debit card, the Citibank Plus card.

No foreign transaction fees, but no points either way!

And the balance is always paid off - and just searched and one from bankWest popped up - zero Platinum

The next leading question is - if there is a choice of zero foreign fees, which one gives the best point value - accounts held with Velocity and QFF, no alliance to either for this case.

The next leading question is - if there is a choice of zero foreign fees, which one gives the best point value - accounts held with Velocity and QFF, no alliance to either for this case.

Forgot them :cool:

I think you'll find that the foreign transaction fee is waived on a few platinum Bankwest cards, such as their Qantas Mastercard.

Forgot them :cool:

I think you'll find that the foreign transaction fee is waived on a few platinum Bankwest cards, such as their Qantas Mastercard.

But I still can't recall seeing (m?)any real world transactions for the BW cards. I am curious because it's not mentioned much. I think I remember once seeing a comparison but the rate was poor so I am not certain if it truly is fee free.

Good point, so one would need to compare the average exchange rate is what I hear from that.

But I still can't recall seeing (m?)any real world transactions for the BW cards. I am curious because it's not mentioned much. I think I remember once seeing a comparison but the rate was poor so I am not certain if it truly is fee free.

I have yet to see a Visa or Mastercard where the conversion to Australian dollars was done by anyone other than Visa or Mastercard using their rates for the day.

I have the bw zero plat and the rate is the daily visa rate,, the last time I used it the exchange rate was maybe 2-3 % different to the currency exchange rate.. it's the only reason that I have kept it,,

28 degrees is as good as oz_mark says. We are in London and in Canary Wharf we have a fee free ATM outside a Tesco Express. What this means is we are getting a true exchange rate for everything from cash to purchases of goods
There is no 3% to 5% rake off going to anyone. We are so close to getting pounds at 1.50 so that makes shopping such a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back