Been compromised

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyn

Established Member
Hi points hunters, once your points have been harvested and in whatever hiatus you have before ditching the card, keep checking online. I have just had my ANZ points grabber hit up for $3200 in Qantas hotels ! Had I not been randomly checking activity (which I expected was none), I wouldn't have noticed.

I don't understand what this means, please explain.

I would assume Points Grabber = the card in question. He found a charge for $3200 for something he never purchased on the card.

I would rather the Hotels over the "Adult Sites" I had charged to mine. Great fun explaining that one to the wife...Not.

Someone paid for a hotel booking with stolen credit card details? Don't you need ID to check in to a hotel or is this not required with online checkin?

Someone paid for a hotel booking with stolen credit card details? Don't you need ID to check in to a hotel or is this not required with online checkin?

Do they really use the hotel or just try for a refund to some other account ?

I would assume Points Grabber = the card in question. He found a charge for $3200 for something he never purchased on the card.

I would rather the Hotels over the "Adult Sites" I had charged to mine. Great fun explaining that one to the wife...Not.

Spot on, sorry for being a bit cryptic

Had I not been randomly checking activity (which I expected was none), I wouldn't have noticed.
Most banks send a Statement once a month if there has been any transactions.

There is no need at all to check more often than that online.

Do they really use the hotel or just try for a refund to some other account ?
All my refunds for cancelled bookings have been to the original credit card. You would need to get in touch with the hotel to try and get refund to another credit card but wouldn't that compromise your identity? Obviously some nice little scam going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back