BankWest Rewards: Platinum 75k pts/yr + 75k pts bonus, World 115k pts/yr + 115k bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyboi

Wonder if anyone has feedback about Bankwest rewards?

https://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/credit-cards/rewards

Annual bonus points are only available to new customers who apply for a Bankwest More Mastercard on or after 15 May 2017 and meet minimum spend requirements in any Year from Card Account opening. Eligible customers will earn:

19,500 Points if your Card is a Classic Card and you spend a minimum of $24,000 on Eligible Purchases in that Year; ($100/yr, 1.5 pt/$1) +
19,500 intro bonus points
75,000 Points if your Card is a Platinum Card and you spend a minimum of $48,000 on Eligible Purchases in that Year; ($160/yr, 2pt / $1) +
75,000 intro bonus points
115,000 Points if your Card is a World Card and you spend a minimum of $84,000 on Eligible Purchases in that Year. ($270/yr, 2.5pt / $1) +
115,000 intro bonus points

Last edited:
Re: BankWest Rewards: Platinum 75k pts/yr + 75k pts bonus, World 115k pts/yr + 115k b

World has been a winner for us. It may change by July 1st.
A bit hard to get but that is a good sign on.
We both missed the sign on.
In London it earns nicely with no forex problems.

Re: BankWest Rewards: Platinum 75k pts/yr + 75k pts bonus, World 115k pts/yr + 115k b

Can the points be transferred to a FF program? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

Better call them as World offer looks too good to be true.
We have all our World points go to our Qantas accounts in the first week of the following month and the current points earn on our cards is 0.66 points per dollar spent.

Can the points be transferred to a FF program? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

They all go to QF each month. I'm still waiting on a 60k sign on bonus from January this year. And it didn't have any big spend requirements. Reading other threads they are very slow in awarding the bonus. So if you have to wait til the end of the first year, then it could be 15 months or so! But clever. Sensible really to make people actually use the card rather than just get it for the sign on bonus then cancel.

What does 1 Reward Point equal in Qantas Points?

1 Qantas Point? 0.5 Qantas Point?

These credit cards (in the link above) don't transfer to ff points. The Bankwest Qantas MasterCard World is the card that transfers to Qantas points (but there no big sign up bonus).

These credit cards (in the link above) don't transfer to ff points. The Bankwest Qantas MasterCard World is the card that transfers to Qantas points (but there no big sign up bonus).

Ah..so perhaps why the points are so generous as one only gets toasters with them ;)

Though looking now this is some for of travel spend. Though I assume this is not actually that generous.

I always think of points vale in terms of what I actually can convert it too, rather that the points earnt which in some schemes sounds impressive but is not.

Ah..so perhaps why the points are so generous as one only gets toasters with them ;)

Hahaha, and I'm unfortunately not in the market for toasters and kettles!

I always think of points vale in terms of what I actually can convert it too, rather that the points earnt which in some schemes sounds impressive but is not.

I totally agree regarding conversion. A company could offer me a million of their points, but if it convert at a rate of 1 point to 0.0001 QF or VA points, it's hardly worthwhile! (extreme example I know)

its more rewards not qff points? also when does deal end? there is a targeted email out there for annual fee on platinum cc waived for the 1st year. and you get bonus 75k?

i found the email. let me know if you are sucessful in getting fee waived and 75k points useing the promo code getmore1? and does it let you apply for the world card with fee waived or just platinum ? im going to wait until july before applying.

https://applynow.bankwest.com.au/ACS/BankWestMore/Start.aspx?promocode=getmore1 dont know if link will work as you need to click via email perhaps thus id say maybe its targeted towards new customers?
There’s more than one way to enjoy more rewards, every year! The Bankwest More Platinum Mastercard® now includes an Annual Reward bonus!

We’ll give you 75,000 introductory bonus points[SUP]1[/SUP]after the first three months (minimum spend applies).

Plus receive 75,000 annual bonus points[SUP]2 [/SUP]every year (annual spend criteria applies).

That’s 150,000 bonus rewards points you can earn in your first year, on top of your everyday spend points!

In the first year, if you meet minimum spend requirement you could earn over 246,000 points that’s equivalent to;

201703-029+More+Xsell+DT+Rewards.jpg
201703-029+More+Xsell+MOB+Reward.jpg
You’ll also enjoy the added benefits of;
> 2 points per $1 you spend on eligible everyday purchases, such a filling up your car or
the weekly grocery shopping.
> Three additional cardholders that can all contribute to a collective rewards total, at
no extra card cost.
> No foreign transaction fees[SUP]4 [/SUP]on online and overseas purchases, plus
> Complimentary credit card international travel insurance [SUP]5[/SUP].
If that’s not enough of a reason, we’ll also waive the annual fee[SUP]6[/SUP] if you apply before 17 July 2017! That’s an additional saving of $160, click on the button below to find out more and apply today.

Last edited:

sunday is last day to apply b 4 july 17th? i confirmed that you can apply for the world more card no annual fee for 1st year if you ask for 12k limit. spend at least $4,000 on eligible purchases within 3 months from account opening . not sure what 115,000 intro bonus points is worth.
but not a bad deal should be able to redeem for $800 or more in gift cards?. after cashing out points can one change to the Qantas program and still retain the no annual fee for the first year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back