BankWest QANTAS More Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay more bonus points, but still not as good as some other deals out there~

I've requested this thread to be moved to creditcard section. People there would appreciate this more!

Interesting stuff seeing Mrscove just happens to be a 40 year veteran of BankWest and her offer is less than for a "new customer".

This card is too new for Qantas to place it onto their credit card points earning page and I like to review cards on their site. BankWest need to be particularly careful here because social media has advanced in leaps and bounds and negative comments can now spread like wildfire and are very hard to stop.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here, but I was reading another site that mentioned that Bankwest is waiving their forex fees for platinum credit card holders...

A good option for frequent spenders overseas perhaps - earn points and not pay a fee... sounds good to me

What are these "More" points? Sounds like all you can do with them is convert to $50 vouchers. Plat requires $2000 per 3 months to get a 50$ voucher... about 2.5% returned.

There is an opt in to the qantas program if it is qff points you want.

Sent from my HTC Legend using AustFreqFly

Ouch!
A $190 p.a. fee PLUS another $30 to opt in for QFF points? For a one point per $ card? I don't think so..

I can't seem to be able to read the rewards FAQ without an actual login. Hmmmm...

We took up one of these cards. It has a 200k points cap so I am waiting for the first year to end as we hit the cap very quickly.

Ouch!
A $190 p.a. fee PLUS another $30 to opt in for QFF points? For a one point per $ card? I don't think so..

I can't seem to be able to read the rewards FAQ without an actual login. Hmmmm...

In what is a rare banking event, this card has had a *price reduction* and is now $99 per year for the Platinum card. This is a reduction for the product in general, not a one-off, first year deal...

So this now puts it above the EDR card in my eyes because of
1. no fx fee, putting it on par with the 28 Degrees card
2. this card earns 1QFF point per $1 spent
3. BWA online banking shows authorisations immediately
4. the EDR website is AWFUL and I hate it so much
5. BWA is a decent bank for my needs to my cash can sit in a fully accessible and very good transaction account earning 4% (on the first $5000), making my online banking quite simple

So now one can earn 1:1 points for overseas MC spend whilst paying no FX fee...

Might get one for me seeing Mrscove's card is at the cap already.
On your point 5 the only account that is any good is the telenet saver. Other accounts may penalise you on the interest rate if you make a withdrawal in the month so the earned interest rate that month is about 9 tenths of two tenths of sweet f a if you check it out.
Interestingly I have a survey to complete and the words thieving coughs had come into my mind.
The credit card at that price is good but the 200k cap remains.

Might get one for me seeing Mrscove's card is at the cap already.
On your point 5 the only account that is any good is the telenet saver. Other accounts may penalise you on the interest rate if you make a withdrawal in the month so the earned interest rate that month is about 9 tenths of two tenths of sweet f a if you check it out.
Interestingly I have a survey to complete and the words thieving coughs had come into my mind.
The credit card at that price is good but the 200k cap remains.

I was referring to their Hero Transaction account. It is a normal transaction account with ATM, EFTPOS/MC Debit access that pays 4% on the first $5000 in it.

I just dump money into it when my credit cards are due and it still earns interest until the direct debit is drawn to pay for them...

Mrscove thought she was earning quite a bit on a BankWest account but I found out by accident that every month she did a BPay to cover the ATO bills her account earned bugger all interest.
The QF points have been good. We used them for a trip one way on QF in First to Los Angeles from Perth. It took 14 months but it was worth the wait to accumulate those points.

Mrscove thought she was earning quite a bit on a BankWest account but I found out by accident that every month she did a BPay to cover the ATO bills her account earned bugger all interest.

Sounds like the smart eSaver account.

Yes oz_mark the only smart thing about that BankWest account is the smart cough who designed the terms and conditions.
Now about that survey......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back