Bags checked through 3K KUL to SIN, QF SIN to MEL | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Bags checked through 3K KUL to SIN, QF SIN to MEL

bertflyer

Hi all,
I am travelling KUL to SIN on 3K (booked with a QF flight number), followed by the QF36 flight to MEL. Will I be able to check my luggage through to MEL at KLIA2 or will I have to retrieve my bag in SIN and then check in again?
I’ve got 4.5h so no big deal if I have to do so.
Can the transfer desk at SIN help with this?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I'm not sure what KLIA2 checkin is likely to do but you can definitely use transfer desk in SIN on arrival where they issue onward boarding pass and manually transfer luggage to flight.

All this is done airside and is relatively quick.

Archipelago

Flights
My Map
I'm not sure what KLIA2 checkin is likely to do but you can definitely use transfer desk in SIN on arrival where they issue onward boarding pass and manually transfer luggage to flight.

All this is done airside and is relatively quick.
Yup can second this, if it can't be sorted in KUL at KLIA2. Transfer desk in any SIN terminal will assist, takes only a few minutes while they call down to baggage with the tag numbers and get your luggage intercepted.

Aeolus

AFF Supporter
Done this last year. They can check you all the way (mine was Kul-Mel-Adl) but you’ll be stuck with JQ tag and no J /F priority tags in you’re WP.

bertflyer

Thank you both for the follow up advice, I’ll see how I go checking in at KLIA2. Otherwise the transfer desk at SIN sounds really easy.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jam85