BA adds fish and chips to the inflight menu. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

BA adds fish and chips to the inflight menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member

British Airways will this week serve traditional fish and chips on some short-haul flights.
Passengers on services between Heathrow and Athens, Larnaca, Istanbul, Sofia, St Petersburg and Kiev will be the first to taste the latest addition to the airline's menu.
If it proves popular, fish and chips will be extended onto more BA short-haul routes.

BA adds fish and chips to inflight menu - Business Traveller

Melburnian1

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Given that the worst fish and chips that I have ever had were 'beachside' (I use that word advisedly) in England, one could only be pessimistic about such an offering on BA.

TonyHancock

AFF Supporter
Given that the worst fish and chips that I have ever had were 'beachside' (I use that word advisedly) in England, one could only be pessimistic about such an offering on BA.
As a matter of interest on your trip to the UK did your flights depart and arrive on time? :p

The best fish and chips I have ever tasted were in Skegness in England. However I share your pessimism about the BA offering. I can't imagine QF's WP's being overly impressed.

TomVexille

AFF Supporter
This reminds me of having Maccas on a couple flights when I was a kid.

boomy

AFF Supporter
I think it's a good idea to try something different. Can't be much worse then those tasteless sandwiches many airlines offer on their Intra-European services.

Cool Cat Phil

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The best fish and chips I have ever tasted were in Skegness in England. However I share your pessimism about the BA offering. I can't imagine QF's WP's being overly impressed.
The Legandary British Institution, Butlins also exists in Skegness..... never been myself, curious to know if any one has & their thoughts of the place.

atreides

This I have to see! Hopefully they don't have a hot oil deep fryer and encounter turbulence :)

Reggie

Established Member
The Legandary British Institution, Butlins also exists in Skegness..... never been myself, curious to know if any one has & their thoughts of the place.
We have been to Butlins at Skeggy and Bognor Regis. Skeggy seemed much bigger, however the new water slides were not complete when we stayed there in March 2013.

our little boy, and us for that matter, love Butlins. Even for the Pom watching. I still laugh to myself remembering the other guests loading bottles and bottles of wine, spirits and beer into their units through the window on a "kids week", makes me wonder what one of the adult weekends are like.

TonyHancock

AFF Supporter
Guilty as charged, but many, many, many years ago. We stayed in a chalet, and I must have been 7 or 8. I remember everything was "free", fairground rides, water slide, monorail, entertainment etc. It is/was the product of more innocent times. I guess the concept of going to a holiday camp is a bit twee for most youngsters and parents these days.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Great idea.

Beats curries and bland pasta any day....

burrco

Hi-de-Hi! Campers.

Good on BA for trying something new, oven baked fish and chips can be quite nice and avoids the sogginess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daoc