AX Travel Credit for Virgin Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budbrian

I / We live in Perth, so we were quite upset about the change from "free flight" to Amex Travel Credit of $200 on Platinum Edge CC. I have just book a Virgin Flight thru the Amex Travel Website, the process does NOT allow for the following......Upgrade Airfare to Economy X, nor any pre-seating.

So I logged into my Velocity Account, thinking Ok I will complete seating this way...NO can do, can only be achieved by calling Virgin direct. One can bring up your flights, but NO changes whatsoever can be completed.

I & husband, who has own Account, were very displeased when AX changed this, we were NOT advised, before the cut off date for flights beginning of the year, the only way I found out about these changes was thru this website. Speaking with Amex they advised they told all clients.....but we have 2 separate Accounts, mine and his....neither of us were advised, no change of address for 15 years, no change of email address either. I am very cross about this whole process, especially as one has NO control over the flights we are booked thru Amex Travel.

I am going to call AX again, and complain about this whole process.

any others had same reaction?

cheers

The seating issue is with VA not with Amex. While I go some assigned through Amex, I could only choose from what a Red member could get as they didn't recognise my FF status.

i was able to manage my amex booked virgin flights in my velocity account. seat selection i was able to upgrade all of our seats. its worth noting that was on 4 seperate bookins too.

Does the travel credit need to be booked over the phone the same way as the free flight had to be? or can you book directly through the Amex travel site?

Edit, i just read basically i book anything travel related on their site and its credited automatically?

Does the travel credit need to be booked over the phone the same way as the free flight had to be? or can you book directly through the Amex travel site?

Edit, i just read basically i book anything travel related on their site and its credited automatically?
Yep on the site.

Just go through and book then at the payment stage there is a button to click to redeem your travel credit.

IME the booking is confirmed then and there (with PNRs), and the difference pre-authorised on your card. For me that dropped off and on last day of statement (perhaps coincidence, perhaps not) the charge appeared on my recent transactions

Yep on the site.

Just go through and book then at the payment stage there is a button to click to redeem your travel credit.

IME the booking is confirmed then and there (with PNRs), and the difference pre-authorised on your card. For me that dropped off and on last day of statement (perhaps coincidence, perhaps not) the charge appeared on my recent transactions

Damn i just did a price check, BKK-CNX on Amex travel from $117...same flight on TG website 1250baht so $50ish, think i'll use it on a night in a swanky hotel instead.

Damn i just did a price check, BKK-CNX on Amex travel from $117...same flight on TG website 1250baht so $50ish, think i'll use it on a night in a swanky hotel instead.
I've seen identical or even cheaper via AMEX travel sometimes. Probably has to do with ticketing country being Australia, or US, or wherever. As always, it pays to shop around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back