Attire on international flight in economy | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Attire on international flight in economy

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
Curious as to what people think is a good attire for travelling on a long distance eg 12 hours plus in economy?

Forg

Whatever you’re most comfortable in.
I mean ... nudity, OK that’s out, if you’re most comfortable being totally naked then maybe my answer needs some qualification (I mean given how many others have sat in that seat you shouldn’t be comfortable being naked on it).
I reckon ‘bugger everyone else’, a set of trackey-dacks and a t-shirt and a jumper you can remove if they set the temp too high.

Steady

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Whatever you’re most comfortable in.
I mean ... nudity, OK that’s out, if you’re most comfortable being totally naked then maybe my answer needs some qualification (I mean given how many others have sat in that seat you shouldn’t be comfortable being naked on it).
I reckon ‘bugger everyone else’, a set of trackey-dacks and a t-shirt and a jumper you can remove if they set the temp too high.
+1

Hillbilly64

Intern
Same as any class you're travelling in ..whatever you are comfortable in. Mr hillbilly only wears Jean shorts...which I would never fly in long haul.
Me..trackies, gym/yoga pants (and I'm not the type to were those outside the gym). Socks, jumper...it can get cold.

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
With economy I am most comfortable with t-shirt or polo shirt and shorts. If LCC it might be byo blanket though (which I do flying Scoot flights between SIN and Australia) in case it gets cold. If flying somewhere cold I might change before arrival, or wear some comfy chinos on board instead of shorts (I don’t find jeans all that comfy for travelling in).

kookaburra75

Flights
My Map
Agree with hillbilly. Same as you'd wear for any cabin. I take a t-shirt or pair of PJs to change into in all classes, depending on the flight length (plastic bag from the blanket is large enough to store your clothes bundled up in the overhead locker).
Ditto - I hate sleeping in my clothes, so I change into a t-shirt and long pj pants for the flight and change back before landing. You can joosh it up with the choice of t-shirt though

love_the_life

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Ditto - I hate sleeping in my clothes, so I change into a t-shirt and long pj pants for the flight and change back before landing. You can joosh it up with the choice of t-shirt though
As long as you don't hog the toilet to change back. Hate being in J and have a long queue while those who changed into the QF jamas get dressed again. I almost never get changed and have no qualms about sleeping in t shirt and whatever trousers I am wearing. I often don't take my shoes off either. :D

kookaburra75

Flights
My Map
As long as you don't hog the toilet to change back. Hate being in J and have a long queue while those who changed into the QF jamas get dressed again. I almost never get changed and have no qualms about sleeping in t shirt and whatever trousers I am wearing. I often don't take my shoes off either. :D
Don't worry, I'm normally down the back unless I can get an upgrade on points :) At a pinch, I can get changed back under a blanket to avoid the prelanding rush for the toilets.

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
There’s no way that I’ll be staying in my day gear for an overnight flight. Good luck to those who can.

Wake up next morning, hog the potty room for a few minutes, then change back to day gear for the day ahead.

tdimdad

To me it's usually a polo-shirt and thin jumper (the likes of Uniqlo woolen ones) for a hint of neatness plus thinnest jeans from the wardrobe (might be rather "well-worn" but most comfy if they have a hint of stretch). And shoes off to the dismay of my partner. :rolleyes:

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
Some really nice clothes as if you're out to impress.

Maca44

Established Member
AFF Supporter
It's not a fashion show, just wear whatever you consider comfortable. It's not what pax wear that is a problem to me, it is how some of them smell and it's apparent they care too much for hygiene. I also appreciate some may come from long haul to long haul, but others ??. I am also a fan of changing into track pants and a light skivvy which hardly takes up any room on carry-on.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unome