ATO Credit Card Points Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbs

Hi All,

Hope this is not seen as doubling up or a waste of time, but I have been trying to get a clear list of which Cards allow ATO payments for points and which don't - have not been able to find it. Ringing up is useless, as they generally do not give you a straight answer.

So I thought we could just start a simple list:-

Citibank - no points on ATO
Amex - 0.5 points per dollar on ATO
Westpac - full points per dollar on ATO
CBA - ??
HSBC - I think no points for ATO ??
Bankwest - ??
NAB - ??
Investec - ??

If the more knowledgeable people can fill in the gaps, this would really help me (and I am sure lots of other people).

What you all think ?

Hi All,

Hope this is not seen as doubling up or a waste of time, but I have been trying to get a clear list of which Cards allow ATO payments for points and which don't - have not been able to find it. Ringing up is useless, as they generally do not give you a straight answer.

So I thought we could just start a simple list:-

CBA - full points per dollar on ATO
HSBC - full points per dollar on ATO but if you use too much, they will cancel the card for you.
Bankwest - full points per dollar on ATO
NAB - full points per dollar on ATO
Investec - ?? No idea

If the more knowledgeable people can fill in the gaps, this would really help me (and I am sure lots of other people).

What you all think ?

Just fill out those question marks.

It may have changed since, but I got 1pt/$ with my HSBC card when I last paid my tax in May.

can anyone advise if the Woolies EDR Qantas card earns for ATO payments? From what I understand it's backed by HSBC so should accrue according to the posts above.
Cheers,

can anyone advise if the Woolies EDR Qantas card earns for ATO payments? From what I understand it's backed by HSBC so should accrue according to the posts above.
Cheers,

We do get points with ATO spend on it. Just be careful you don't weight it too heavily with ATO vs normal spend as there are reports of the card being cancelled where it appears heavy ATO spend was incurred.

While we're on a roll here.. anybody know about the extra 2 at the bottom?? Thanks in advance!

CBA - full points per dollar on ATO
HSBC - full points per dollar on ATO but if you use too much, they will cancel the card for you.
Bankwest - full points per dollar on ATO
NAB - full points per dollar on ATO
Investec - ?? No idea

ANZ amex/visa - ???
Macquarie Visa - ???

Good post.

Far cry from the lambasting I received on another thread when I dared ask if a particular card earns point...

Thank you

P.S. I can also confirm that HSBC visa also earns full points with ATO and other gov entities.

Westpac Black MasterCards pay 0.625 points per dollar and their Black Amex pays 1.5 points per dollar and both are uncapped.
The Platinum Westpac Kris Flyer pays 0.5 points per dollar on the Visa and 1.5 points per dollar on Amex and those points transfer monthly to the Kris Flyer account. These cards are uncapped.

Yes get some titanium bladed 3M scissors and terminate that dud. I guess you now know which scissors I really like.

Yes get some titanium bladed 3M scissors and terminate that dud. I guess you now know which scissors I really like.

Ugh.... I've got some cards that are going to require these, this thread has just informed me that Investec is rebranded Citibank! YUK :(

Just got a nice 45k velocity points from my NAB velocity platinum card payment to the ATO, so glad I chose this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back