Asia Miles vs QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miasma

Hi there, long time lurker here - just starting to dig into the world of points and cards. I did a lot of reading both here and on Pointhack and I'm tossing up between making Asia Miles or QFF my main program.

It looks like Asia Miles offer better overall value than QFF, however I'm seeing a lot more card offers and ways to get points for QFF - and very few for Asia Miles.

I currently only have a AMEX Platinum Edge with ~$1.5K of spend per month going though it, with minimal points in my QFF account. As a result most of my points will be via credit card signups.

I'm also only planning to travel twice a year (Europe/Asia) and not sure I can get enough status credit to move up the ladder for Qantas.

Based on the above am I better off just going for Asia Miles points cards? Or am I better off focusing on QFF because the points are more abundant?

Hi there, long time lurker here - just starting to dig into the world of points and cards. I did a lot of reading both here and on Pointhack and I'm tossing up between making Asia Miles or QFF my main program.

It looks like Asia Miles offer better overall value than QFF, however I'm seeing a lot more card offers and ways to get points for QFF - and very few for Asia Miles.

I currently only have a AMEX Platinum Edge with ~$1.5K of spend per month going though it, with minimal points in my QFF account. As a result most of my points will be via credit card signups.

I'm also only planning to travel twice a year (Europe/Asia) and not sure I can get enough status credit to move up the ladder for Qantas.

Based on the above am I better off just going for Asia Miles points cards? Or am I better off focusing on QFF because the points are more abundant?
Depends on ;
- Which class you are redeeming?
- How many passengers per flight?
- If the route you are looking to fly with qantas involves a stopover?

I never bank on qantas flights because I need 4+ J class tickets most of the time and with QFF and no status, you'd be lucky to find 2.

Depends on ;
- Which class you are redeeming?
- How many passengers per flight?
- If the route you are looking to fly with qantas involves a stopover?

I never bank on qantas flights because I need 4+ J class tickets most of the time and with QFF and no status, you'd be lucky to find 2.

Thanks for the quick response foggy, I'm aiming for 2 pax on J - no stopover (looking at SYD-HND/NRT return as my first goal for redemption) - but would drop down to 1 pax only afterwards

Thanks for the quick response foggy, I'm aiming for 2 pax on J - no stopover (looking at SYD-HND/NRT return as my first goal for redemption) - but would drop down to 1 pax only afterwards
I'd say for that route, QF is fine with a lot of availability if you book well in advance. Do note that booking with QFF, it costs more miles compared to asia miles.
QF = 144,000 + $511 TAX
Asiamiles on same QF flight = 120,000 + $434 (roughly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back