Are multiple citibank balance transfers or one big one possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctau

Now that I'm shelving my fee-free for life Citi Signature card, I'll be taking advantage of a 0% for 12 months balance transfer as a cheque to my mortgage offset. I've also been approved for a StGeorge card which has 0% for 18 months, with a balance transfer of roughly the same amount. While I could just ask for the cheque from Citi and then activate the StGeorge card, so I get it for 18 months, why not double up?

I think one possibility are to get a cheque from Citi, do the BT to StGeorge, then ask Citi for another cheque. Anyone know if they would do two in quick succession, if I paid the first one off?

Another possibility is doing to BT to StGeorge first, leaving me with -80% and then seeing if I can get a cheque for 160% of my limit to take me up to 80% used. Anyone know if that is possible? The citi terms say that the BT (as a cheque) can't be more than my available credit - but I don't know if I'd temporarily have >100% available credit.

I have a Citibank Readycredit but guessing their other products are the same and unless I am mistaken you can only balance transfer 80% of your total credit limit not available credit limit. I don't believe there is anything stopping you utilising the balance transfer more than once.

These balance transfer promotions are great if you have existing balances in other credit cards.

Just do the Citi cheque to your own bank account. For the St George one, do you have another card you could BT to? Otherwise send St George to Citi first then withdraw off the citi card by transfer into a Citi transaction account

Hi doctau,

I'm also in the process of shelving the fee free Signature. Citi are saying that there are no BT offers available to me. Any tips on how to get a cheque from them?

Hi doctau,

I'm also in the process of shelving the fee free Signature. Citi are saying that there are no BT offers available to me. Any tips on how to get a cheque from them?

Saying online, or saying over the phone?

I had a BT offer online which I used, and paid back (via a BT to another card). I don't see another offer online, but once everything in cleared up in the next few days I was planning on giving them a call and asking - I've had a BT offer via the post before which didn't show up online). If they can't give me one at 0%, I'll just wait a while and see if one shows up.

Saying online, or saying over the phone?

Now its both and confirmed by email too. When I told them that without a BT there's no incentive as an existing customer to use the signature, they gave me the option of applying for a new product and the number of the account closure team. Up to me. So I've got the Citi Platinum.

Now I need to know how to nominate my mortgage as the recipient of the BT. Or can I request a transfer into my Citi Plus transaction account or an actual cheque?

Now I need to know how to nominate my mortgage as the recipient of the BT. Or can I request a transfer into my Citi Plus transaction account or an actual cheque?

They'll happily send you a cheque, and I'm not sure about transferring to the Plus account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back