Applying for Australian credit/charge accounts whilst working overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

theevilmuppet

Hi all,

I've relocated to the US for work and am in the process of cancelling my existing Australian cards (and having incredibly wretched experiences with the idiots at Citi in the process). I suspect there are other members that are either in (or have been in) a similar situation to myself, so I was wondering if anyone has attempted to apply for new cards in Australia whilst overseas?

Of course I'm looking to continue to build up my QFF and VFF balances, but crediting AA/AS to QFF makes absolutely zero sense given the alternatives here and VX is only 6 weeks away from no longer partnering with VFF. I'll probably continue to credit DL to VFF given the recent adjustment that recognises VFF status (and the fact that SkyMiles is wretched beyond belief).

To save someone some typing potentially, yes I will be working on building up my AAdvantage balance here as well as taking advantage of various sign up bonuses here once my credit history allows.

Thanks to all who reply!

Just because you are overseas, doesn't mean you can't apply for credit in Australia. It's risky and you could be easily denied, but generally speaking, as long as you have a physical address that will accept your mail (friend or family), then it's still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back