ANZ QFF Black 75K offer - customer in last 12 months, no points but waived annual fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philosiphier

So, to those of you who are like me and didn't read the T&Cs on this offer (probably not many of you), I thought I'd let you know what you might be able to get.

I just called to cancel the cards and was given the card for no annual fee for the first year. No bonus points, but the cards are not bad with points earnings, plus the lounge passes and insurance perks, makes it somewhat worthwhile keeping.

I dont know know of any of you think it's worthwhile keeping it for these few bonuses, but I thought I'd let you know what's possible.

I hope it's helpful for someone!

Re: ANZ QFF Black 75K offer - customer in last 12 months, no points but waived annual

The Card excludes you from the bonus if you are transferring or if you have had an ANZ FF Card within 12 months, but not if you have had an ANZ rewards Card.

Also if you apply for ANZ Rewards Card you are only excluded if you have had a ANZ Rewards Card within 12 months and not if you have held an ANZ FF Card.

This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months. This offer applies only once per eligible customer.

and

This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months.

Re: ANZ QFF Black 75K offer - customer in last 12 months, no points but waived annual

The Card excludes you from the bonus if you are transferring or if you have had an ANZ FF Card within 12 months, but not if you have had an ANZ rewards Card.

Also if you apply for ANZ Rewards Card you are only excluded if you have had a ANZ Rewards Card within 12 months and not if you have held an ANZ FF Card.

This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards, ANZ Rewards Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black credit card within the previous twelve months. This offer applies only once per eligible customer.

and

This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months.

Hmmm. Now that's interesting! I had only the QFF card, and not an ANZ rewards card I think.. I wonder if I should try and apply for that one? I didn't notice the non FF card. I'll have to check out! Are they QANTAS points on offer?
I do have an ANZ 'platinum' which doesn't have 'rewards' written anywhere on it.. Think I need to check it out a bit further.

Wasn't the offer actually for no fee in the first year any way? Hence you actually only got what was originally offered, nothing new or special.

Last edited:

Wasnt the offer actually for no fee in the first year any way?

Yes, it was.

However, my post was in reference to those who applied and were approved but neglected to read the fine print.

I had that card last year and while looking at the T&C noticed this clause: "This offer applies only once per eligible customer."

Am I understanding it correctly then, that even if I wait 12 months after closing the card down and re-apply I will not get the 75k QFF points again?

Wasn't the offer actually for no fee in the first year any way?

Originally on the public site, no. The annual fee was charged as normal.
On the IB offer site, yes - the annual fee was waived for the first year.

There was a point in time when the public site changed and then offered both the 75k bonus and no annual fee for the first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back