ANZ New Zealand dropping Qantas card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read on FT that ANZ in NZ is soon to stop its VISA card that earns Qantas FF points. Sure enough, it's gone from the ANZ and Qantas websites. This is a real shame as this was my main QFF points earner.

Has anyone heard about a possible replacement?

Unfortunately no, and credit cards with point options that can be directed to QFF or other OW programs are quite rare in NZ (except for AmEx).

Hope so, quite a few places inNZ don't take AmEx

True that. I remember my jaw hitting the floor after i attempted to use my Amex at McDonalds and they said it wasn't accepted.

I know! If there is no replacement I'll be forced down the Air NZ Airpoints route.

I would make sure all other options were exhausted before using Airpoints - what a terrible program.

Surely even using the Qantas Cash card where Amex isn't accepted - earning 0.5 QF points per dollar - would be better than an Airpoints credit card.

As an aside, the cynical side of me can't help but wonder if Air NZ isn't taking active steps to give itself a monopoly on frequent flyer credit cards in New Zealand...

I would make sure all other options were exhausted before using Airpoints - what a terrible program.

Surely even using the Qantas Cash card where Amex isn't accepted - earning 0.5 QF points per dollar - would be better than an Airpoints credit card.

As an aside, the cynical side of me can't help but wonder if Air NZ isn't taking active steps to give itself a monopoly on frequent flyer credit cards in New Zealand...

Well it would be 1PPD in NZ, albeit with a terrible exchange rate, probably not a good option for the OP since they are based in NZ.

Well it would be 1PPD in NZ, albeit with a terrible exchange rate, probably not a good option for the OP since they are based in NZ.

I believe there is a New Zealand version of the Qantas Cash card which is issued by Travellex. It earns 2 PPD on domestic transactions, and 1 PPD overseas - same as the Australian version of the card. Money can be loaded directly in NZD without paying any fees or having to exchange money etc.

I believe there is a New Zealand version of the Qantas Cash card which is issued by Travellex. It earns 2 PPD on domestic transactions, and 1 PPD overseas - same as the Australian version of the card. Money can be loaded directly in NZD without paying any fees or having to exchange money etc.

You would be correct. I didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back