ANZ Frequent Flyer VISA/AMEX - no annual fee first year, bonus 10,000 QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
An "account fee" of $49 applies though. Devil in the detail. Might be handy if you needed a top up to get the reward you're after though!

Earn rates are atrocious if you ever planned to actually use the card. 1 point for every $4 on Visa?!

Earn rates are atrocious if you ever planned to actually use the card. 1 point for every $4 on Visa?!
Agreed so aside from the bonus why would you get this card? Personally think the EDR rewards card would be a better bet, slightly more expensive but better bonus and you get a card you'd actually want to use!

Agreed so aside from the bonus why would you get this card? Personally think the EDR rewards card would be a better bet, slightly more expensive but better bonus and you get a card you'd actually want to use!

What is this account fee? I was assured it was fee free! I think that fee is waived first year anyways

If you click apply now, and open the details up on the application screen, you'll see account fee is $0.

Hmm followed your advice and that seems correct. Second page says no "total annual fee" which is a $95 saving - not the $49 saving on the landing page.

Only caveat I guess is you will have to stump up the $95 and which will be refunded on the second statement. When you close your ANZ account they can transfer the credit balance into any Australian bank account.

Hmm followed your advice and that seems correct. Second page says no "total annual fee" which is a $95 saving - not the $49 saving on the landing page.

Only caveat I guess is you will have to stump up the $95 and which will be refunded on the second statement. When you close your ANZ account they can transfer the credit balance into any Australian bank account.

Do you mean second year's statement? Its free for a year...

Isnt this better than the AMEX QFF discovery card? Less caveats to get full 10,000 points

Sorry I should have worded it a bit better :)

The annual account fee and Rewards Program Service fee will be debited to your account when it is activated (which will appear on your first statement). Within 4 weeks of account activation your account will be credited with the annual account fee and Rewards Program Service fee amounts (which will appear on your second statement). The annual account fee and Rewards Program Services fee will apply to your account for the second and subsequent years.

They take your money for the annual fee as per normal, but then it gets reimbursed, but not until the second statement. So you have to loan the bank $95 for a month until they annual fee refund has hit your account.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have applied for and received the ANZ cards via this offer. The interesting part is that the letter sent to me by ANZ states that, the points that I will earn from the Visa card are 1 point for every $2 spent on purchases, rather than 1 point for every $4 (Amex is still 1 point for $1).

From a points hoarding point of view. 10,000 points for $49 (the account fee) is not a bad way to boost your points level. Just remember to cxl the card within the 12 months.

From a disliking QF point of view. 10,000 points gets you 13.89% the distance to London ..... whereas finding a credit card that transfers to Singapore Kris Flyer and those 10,000 points will gets you almost 25% there. Putting points into perspective, once your Qantas plane lands in London, the same points with Singapore Airlines, has already been to London and is now preparing to land in Australia. There's your points value answer.

You'll earn 1 point for every $1 spent using your ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express card and 1 point for every $4 spent using your ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa card.

Than earn rate for Visa really stinks... Makes you wonder why they bother to offer the QFF points at all on purchases...

I really think ANZ really is asking us all to sign up to this card for the bonus then kill it after FF points post.

Looking closer at this offer....
Looking for a different offer? Earn 16,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points4

$95 Fee = 16,000 QFF Bonus (1pt earn per $2 spend on Visa)
$49 Fee = 10,000 QFF Bonus (1pt earn per $4 spend on Visa)

Note: Bonus point earn now similar to the QEDRCC, however still half the earn rate for purchases...

Than earn rate for Visa really stinks... Makes you wonder why they bother to offer the QFF points at all on purchases...

I really think ANZ really is asking us all to sign up to this card for the bonus then kill it after FF points post.

I think from our point of view ... like regular flyers and likely have a good interest in points earn / burn ratio ... we think the value of this card stinks.

But this card to your current John and Jane who are existing ANZ savings, loan, investment account holders, then that 10K and ability to earn frequent flyer points may sound fantastic. Also it benefits them because they already have an existing relationship with them, they know who they are and they can have all their banking needs in the one place.

@Pu Koh - is it really that much easier for QF over SQ? sometimes we spend a bit more time, a bit more effort to make the value of our points, our spending, our travel patterns to get more miles/bang for our points.

If it is free then that's even a better bonus.

(I would have happily paid $49 to have 10,000 points in any instance)

WHY is there so much confusion with this promo? It is 100% clear that all fees are waived for the first year! Its a free 10,000 point promo!

NO ANNUAL FEE, NO ACCOUNT FEE

WHY is there so much confusion with this promo? It is 100% clear that all fees are waived for the first year! Its a free 10,000 point promo!

NO ANNUAL FEE, NO ACCOUNT FEE

I guess a big bit of the confusion is due to there being 2 fees, account and rewards. As I remember from having the card the $49 only relates to the account fee. Now someone has already posted that the rewards fee is also fee, but knowing the card would normally cost $95 per year to earn QF points, I think the $49 is slightly confusing.

There are two Qantas Frequent Flyer cards available. If you read the website, it states:

The card which normally has a $49 pa fee gives you a bonus 10,000 points and an earn rate of AMEX $1:1pt, Visa $4:1pt

The card which normally has a $95 pa fee gives you a bonus 16,000 points and an earn rate of AMEX $1:1, Vias $2:1pt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back