ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Credit Card - $295 fee, 1st year free, 50k QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't have another thread I think it's because many members have gone for the Black card, with 75k points and also no fee, but appreciate the income requirement is a bit steep.

If it doesn't have another thread I think it's because many members have gone for the Black card, with 75k points and also no fee, but appreciate the income requirement is a bit steep.

And many will be impacted by this:

'[FONT=&quot]Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months.'[/FONT]

If you're going to keep the card long term the Black card is much better value, as the Platinum card has ridiculously low maximum points earning limits.

very good point!

have applied and wasnt rejected instantly, got a "your application is in progress" msg, so thats not a bad sign I guess

have applied and wasnt rejected instantly, got a "your application is in progress" msg, so thats not a bad sign I guess

You'll probably have to verify your identity in-branch or provide proof of income.

This might be a little OT but thought I'd ask it here. I'm considering taking my ANZ FF Black card overseas with me. I understand there is a 3% currency conversion fee. Does anyone have any experience about how 'fair' their exchange rates are? I understand ANZ aren't a charity but am hoping paying the 3% gets you some better treatment with the exchange rate.
Keen to hear about others' experiences.

This might be a little OT but thought I'd ask it here. I'm considering taking my ANZ FF Black card overseas with me. I understand there is a 3% currency conversion fee. Does anyone have any experience about how 'fair' their exchange rates are? I understand ANZ aren't a charity but am hoping paying the 3% gets you some better treatment with the exchange rate.
Keen to hear about others' experiences.

I used my ANZ QF Black amex for a transaction on 22/12/2016 (can't remember exactly) which settled on the 28th.

$283.28 USD = $405.69 AUD deducted incl $11.82 AUD transaction fee

Therefore $283.28 USD = $393.87 + $11.82, which is 3.00099% (so they are holding to that part of the fee)

On 28 Dec, xe.com said AUD/USD = 0.7184436397 and ANZ, before the 3%, settled at 0.7192220783507249

FWIW the rate on the 22nd (day of trans) according to XE was 0.7214671889

So it looks like ANZ came in somewhat between the date of trans and date of settlement wholesale rates. Not 100% sure how this works - but I'd consider it pretty close.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that insight exceladdict. Looks like they will treat me fairly then.

oh I just checked my spam box and in there was an almost instant rejcetion.

oh that sux,

low $50ks income provided while minimum requirement is $35k

:(

that really hurts

If you're going to keep the card long term the Black card is much better value, as the Platinum card has ridiculously low maximum points earning limits.

...where "ridiculously low" is "more than my entire salary", so this is very much situational. :)

oh I just checked my spam box and in there was an almost instant rejcetion.

oh that sux,

low $50ks income provided while minimum requirement is $35k

:(

that really hurts

Your posts in other threads suggest you've been applying for a few cards lately - have you been declaring them honestly? If so, you have probably just hit your lending threshold, which is important to manage.

For now, assume the sum of your limits you have now as your maximum limit (remembering amex is more generous than the big 4 banks)

Wait a few months, close a few cards after you get the points, and try again, only requesting a low enough limit to stay below that max.

Your posts in other threads suggest you've been applying for a few cards lately - have you been declaring them honestly? If so, you have probably just hit your lending threshold, which is important to manage.

For now, assume the sum of your limits you have now as your maximum limit (remembering amex is more generous than the big 4 banks)

Wait a few months, close a few cards after you get the points, and try again, only requesting a low enough limit to stay below that max.

yes, that is coreect,
I have been declaring my income correctly, the only thing is that I chagned my status from casual to part time, but the amounts were correct,
Iguess I could have got caught out on the YTD income as Idid take some time off recently,

the sum of my limits is now $5k for main Card, and $6k for amex explorer,
I have a edge on the way too

I got preapproval for NAB< and they have been asking me for docs, one of the docs had a rental income in my nickname and they asked me to resubmit it with the correct info,

so Im hoping that goes through

Ive had rejections from anz and st geroeg

and now have a credit score of 510,

ive just applied for a free veda credit file,

to be honest, disappointed that I got rejected for a $35k card :(

Probably would be best to rest on what you have for a little while. 510 is pretty average and probably not accurate either. Having personally done 4 applications in the last month, I'd say it's not the best idea to push on.Try get the NAB one to use as a VISA and explorer/edge as your AMEX and sit on it for 6-12 months.

I used my ANZ QF Black amex for a transaction on 22/12/2016 (can't remember exactly) which settled on the 28th.

$283.28 USD = $405.69 AUD deducted incl $11.82 AUD transaction fee

Therefore $283.28 USD = $393.87 + $11.82, which is 3.00099% (so they are holding to that part of the fee)

So it looks like ANZ came in somewhat between the date of trans and date of settlement wholesale rates. Not 100% sure how this works - but I'd consider it pretty close.

FYI xe.com has a calculator for credit cards conversion - XE - Credit Card Charges Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back