ANZ first of the Big Four to Introduce Apple Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegeekinasuit

Home

Enjoy guys! Just added my cards, so very happy I can use my Visa now

*Disclaimer, I work for ANZ but was not involved in this product.

I was of the (incorrect) assumption that it was a Visa/Mastercard agreement with Apple, not the banks agreement with Apple. Hence why Amex was launched but Visa and Mastercard not offered originally.

Good to know it's under way through, and hopefully the other major banks can follow suit soon!

Wow that was quick I expected it to take months but the support is up and running now for ANZ Amex and Visa

Excellent news. The first bank to jump was always going to gain a windfall of customers, plus it would break their anti Apple Pay cartel.

Now to decide if I'm going to give my bank any time to get on board or not. I suspect not.

Does anybody know what / how Apple get an earn from this? Introducing another mouth to feed in the chain certainly not going to increase chances of reward pts earn on transactions increasing - could only head in other direction could it not?

In the US they were apparently after 15 cents per 100 dollars. The banks, of course, didn't want to share at all. So, I guess a bit less than that...

I've been using it with Amex, and it was the only reason I got an Amex card at all. I will now continue to use it as my preferred card, no matter what the banks do. Call it a punishment for trying to stiff me re Apple Pay. Neither of the two banks I use at the moment have made any noises about offering it....I've started the process of moving already.

As I see banks, they don't differentiate themselves at all, which makes moving between them a no brainer.

In the US they were apparently after 15 cents per 100 dollars. The banks, of course, didn't want to share at all. So, I guess a bit less than that....
Seems low by Apple standards. And of course banks will not want to pay - the consumer will pay some how.
As I see banks, they don't differentiate themselves at all, which makes moving between them a no brainer.
Minor differences on CCs about only diff - they are all thieves.

I don't see what all the excitement is about to be honest. Perhaps I'm too old and cynical to be excited by anything to do with the bank.

And ANZ is pounding it's customers at present for loan re-payments if if not due in some cases.

I'm not connected with ANZ or bank with them. Just what I read in the financial journals that the ANZ is in the worst position of the big 4, so a good news story for them diverts attention.

I don't see what all the excitement is about to be honest. Perhaps I'm too old and cynical to be excited by anything to do with the bank.

I originally thought Apple Pay would be great. But I gave up using it after a couple of uses with my Amex card. When you use Apple Pay your phone will scan your fingerprint which is very inconvenient. Holding your phone on the eftpos machine whilst waiting for your phone to scan your fingerprint and often having to scan a couple of times if it doesn't read well.

I would use Apple Pay if they got rid of the need to scan fingerprint or enter passcode. It's just too much of a hassle. Although I have heard that the fingerprint reader in the iPhone 6s is better than the 6. So maybe its bearable with the 6s.

I originally thought Apple Pay would be great. But I gave up using it after a couple of uses with my Amex card. When you use Apple Pay your phone will scan your fingerprint which is very inconvenient. Holding your phone on the eftpos machine whilst waiting for your phone to scan your fingerprint and often having to scan a couple of times if it doesn't read well.

I would use Apple Pay if they got rid of the need to scan fingerprint or enter passcode. It's just too much of a hassle. Although I have heard that the fingerprint reader in the iPhone 6s is better than the 6. So maybe its bearable with the 6s.

Yeah, on the 6S I barely notice it scanning.

Apple Pay is the #1 reason why I would switch to this card.

Do the fingerprint thing before the eftpos... and then hold your finger on the sensor.

I rarely use it with the phone. It works a treat with the watch. When I'm home, I now avoid places that don't accept it.

I've been using it in London this week to get onto the tube. It's quite cool although I have battery anxiety with noticeably faster battery drain with poor mobile reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back