ANZ FF Platinum - Offering 32k QFF Points 'til 31 Aug 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispy3276

Hadn't seen a post up in here yet so just thought I'd share it...

ANZ - ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum - Apply Now For An ANZ Credit Card

ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum

Watch your Frequent Flyer points take off with ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum - Earn a bonus 32,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points if you apply by 31 August 2011[SUP]15
[/SUP]
Platinum_main.jpg

• Get a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and save $82.50[SUP]16[/SUP]
  • Uncapped Qantas Frequent Flyer points[SUP]1[/SUP] earning
  • Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • ANZ Car Rental Cover[SUP]3[/SUP]

Last edited:
Not a bad deal for the annual fee...

Now if they'd offer me 32k points to stay I might consider not churning!

Wife just received her new ANZ Plat. cards, waiting on former 20K points offer.

Gotta love ANZ.

In Jan this year I applied for and was succesful in getting ANZ Freq Flyer Plat card - copped the $295 fees - spent $42.20 on the card - banked the points - cancelled the card - and copped a $55 refund on fees.

Reapplied for another ANZ card on latest promotion - just received advice it has been approved - intend to spend another $20 or $30 on card - bank the 32K bonus points - cancel again.

Gotta love that - beats collecting coke bottles doesn't it.

In Nov/Dec last year i applied for an ANZ Visa for $95 or so and got the 20k points, spent quite a bit on it, then about 3 months later while looking at travel insurance options I decided to take out the platinum, paid the $295 fee got another lot of 20k points and they refunded almost all of my original $95....

I have a new breakfree mortgage with ANZ (this week) and can confirm the 32,000 points bonus also applies to the 'free' gold card, which upon asking can be made into a platinum FF card, which then qualifies for the points bonus. Minor victory!

In Nov/Dec last year i applied for an ANZ Visa for $95 or so and got the 20k points, spent quite a bit on it, then about 3 months later while looking at travel insurance options I decided to take out the platinum, paid the $295 fee got another lot of 20k points and they refunded almost all of my original $95....

How much of a refund do you get exactly if you take it out and cancel after the bonus posts? I was thinking about this one for 32K bonus points but the annual fee of $295 is a bit steep. The 16K bonus points on the normal card for $95 seems like better value.

So what's the best strategy for getting the Plat with 32k points promotion if you're a current Gold holder?

Cancel gold and apply for plat just after?

If I retain Gold and apply for Plat on top of it they'll assess me on that and it may affect my balance allowance on the Plat.

Anyone got their points yet.

I was told there was a 3 month period from Activation to Points Award...........I'm 1 day off my activation date so hoping these come through!

One tip guys i have on this is when it comes to the annual renewal of the card, tell ANZ you are going to leave the program as the renewal fee is too much, if you are like me and used your Plat CC allot then they will probably drop the $250 renewal fee. Just something I thought might help people.

Can someone define a new customer? I used to have the freqent flyer card but cancelled it a few months ago so wondering it I'd be eligible 32k is a status run worth.

Sent from my iPhone

Can someone define a new customer? I used to have the freqent flyer card but cancelled it a few months ago so wondering it I'd be eligible 32k is a status run worth.

Sent from my iPhone

Says new and approved applicants for the product, not the bank :

15. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card by 31 August 2012. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions. The 16,000 Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer applies only once per new ANZ Frequent Flyer account. Your application must be approved and you must activate the account and make your first eligible purchase (excluding cash, cash equivalent transactions and balance transfers) within ninety days of approval to receive the Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points, which will be credited to your account within three months of your first eligible purchase. If you transfer or cancel your new ANZ credit card account before the introductory Bonus Points are processed to your account, you may become ineligible for these Bonus Points. Points and Bonus Points accrue in accordance with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Program Terms and Conditions. An Account Holder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points. A joining fee may apply. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving an application or activating the card.

15. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card by 31 August 2012. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions.

Thanks markis10. Does anyone have any insights or advice on whether existing Breakfree customers would get a look-in - would appear not ("in conjunction with other packages")? Ideally I'd want them to convert my existing ANZ Platinum Visa to a QF earning Platinum with no additional fee, and the sign up bonus :D

We've been with ANZ for a few years, couple of mortgages, accounts, the works. After reading on AFF everyone's achievements with credit cards & points, I am feeling decidedly underwhelmed with no frequent flyer points in the Breakfree package. We are using an ACS co-branded AMEX where possible which is earning QF ff, but still clocked up about AUD 29,000 last financial year on the ANZ Visa.

Or not bother with maximising the Breakfree-issued credit card, and go for something else?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Says new and approved applicants for the product, not the bank :

15. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card by 31 August 2012. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions. The 16,000 Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer applies only once per new ANZ Frequent Flyer account. Your application must be approved and you must activate the account and make your first eligible purchase (excluding cash, cash equivalent transactions and balance transfers) within ninety days of approval to receive the Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points, which will be credited to your account within three months of your first eligible purchase. If you transfer or cancel your new ANZ credit card account before the introductory Bonus Points are processed to your account, you may become ineligible for these Bonus Points. Points and Bonus Points accrue in accordance with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Program Terms and Conditions. An Account Holder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points. A joining fee may apply. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving an application or activating the card.

How long do you need to keep the card, and therefore pay the annual fee before you can cancel the card, but still keep the bonus Qantas frequent flyer points?

I opened this a month or so ago. Moderately straightforward. Sign on points not yet credited. But they did say wait up to six weeks.
My first account account came today. Apologies if anyone has noted this before but I was struck by the balance transfers I requested. I wasn't charged as if these were cash advances (ie I paid no fee) AND I got points for them at the 0.5 points per dollar rate. Wish I had transferred more now :)

Finally got the OK on this one - another 32K QF pts coming my way for about $150 by the time I get fee refund after cancelling the card in a months time - 3rd ANZ card with 32K bonus I have had in 16mths - gotta love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back