ANZ CC Insurance Flight Cancellation Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limewood

Established Member
ANZ Platinum card travel insurance,

Booked return flights departing for Bali end of next week for two on Jetstar, used my ANZ Amex Platinum card in July, now it looks like a volcano might erupt there on todays news so if flights are cancelled am I covered for a refund?.

Also we have until today to cancel accommodation via Qantas.

Update,
We contacted no star and they said they know nothing even though its been all over the national news since yesterday! reply was cant assist.

Last edited:
ANZ Platinum card travel insurance,

Booked return flights departing for Bali end of next week for two on Jetstar, used my ANZ Amex Platinum card in July, now it looks like a volcano might erupt there on todays news so if flights are cancelled am I covered for a refund?.

Also we have until today to cancel accommodation via Qantas.

Update,
We contacted no star and they said they know nothing even though its been all over the national news since yesterday! reply was cant assist.
I’m in same boat but Nov. Until it’s announced its business as usual.

QF will be more understanding, perhaps cancel the hotel today. (price might even go down if you still end up going)

No.

If your flights are cancelled by Jetstar, then Jetstar will likely do one of the following;
- put you on another flight later
- refund your ticket with a voucher to user another time
- refund your ticket and give you your money back.

So ANZ insurance wont be paying out a cent for your flights been cancelled, as you would not have incurred a loss. If you spend time hanging around the airport waiting for the flight to be rescheduled, you will get some small money to compensate

If this does happen, and you incur losses after cancelling accomadation etc, the the insurance will cover your losses there.

You would want to be reading sections B1 & D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back