Anybody get waiver of annual fee for third year on AMEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glass

Anybody get waiver of annual fee for third year on AMEX? 2nd year waivers are quite common as long as you use your card frequently. But would they ever give a 3rd year?

I'm guessing it's unlikely now, since even 1st yr free offers are all but gone now. But did it ever happen in the past?

:D

Yep, as mentioned in the other thread - waived for a third year (QF Premium card).

Cheers,
- Febs.

just off the phone no problems 3rd year fee free but was told amex will review next year?

Rang Amex today to cancel my card. Last year I was offered $100 to remain with Amex. I declined, cancelled the card and signed up for a new card.

This year I said I wished to cancel - I was asked why and replied that the fee was excessive and I couldn't use the card everywhere due to surcharges or it not being accepted.

Result - I was offered a fee waiver for another year if I kept the card as I had a 15 year history, although I always paid the balance monthly. Thank you very much and I hope I am as lucky next year.

I had no annual fee on the first year for the Qantas Premium card and did not ask to have the fee waived in the second year.

Now coming up to the third year I called Amex last week with the intention of cancelling the Qantas Premium card as I did not think the card was useful to me and the $195 annual fee was too much. I went through 2 customer service agents who could not waive the fee and finally put through to cancellations who waived the fee for me just this once as a goodwill gesture. This was a good result as the card has a sizeable balance transfer at 7.99% for the life of the balance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back