Any reports on success asking for a fee waiver on CBA Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJReplay

I have a CBA Diamond card that is just under a year old, upgraded from a Platinum which was taken up when there was a free for first year option.

I got a fee waiver on the Platinum on it's anniversary, just before they upgraded me to Diamond.

Diamond fee is due in about one month.

I currently put around $100k through the Amex card per annum (and of course nothing through the MC as there are better options).

Has anyone got any reports of asking for a fee waiver, and if so, what sort of annual spend is going through the card to get the waiver?

Thanks

BJ

I'd be interested to know this too. I had Diamond offered to me after 11 months of complimentary Platinum, so will be seeking this myself in a few months

I am interested as well, my annual fee is due in September and I also upgraded to Diamond to Platinum. Let us know how you go.

I applied for the platinum last july 1st year free, got upgraded to diamond around march 2012. Almost 1 year anniversary. Would like to know if anyone manage to get another fee waiver?

Lots of people are due for their annual fee on their Diamond cards (September for me) will be interesting to see how everyone goes with their fees. I currently charge about 40k a year on my cards - some things I have to use the awful Mastercard (about 10% of my spending). I might ring up and see what I can do to get the fee reduced or waved.

I have Diamond fee-free. It was part of the upgrade from fee-free platinum.

Presumably they can waive it entirely if they value your business.

I have Diamond fee-free. It was part of the upgrade from fee-free platinum.

Presumably they can waive it entirely if they value your business.

Same here - and my fee free Platinum was in turn an upgrade from an ancient fee-free Gold.

I'm in that scenario with CitiBank (fee free Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Signature), but not with Commbank, so hoping they value my business ($100k/pa) enough to offer a fee waiver.

I just rang up and asked what can be done to lower my annual fee and I was told that as I got the Diamond Card as a free upgrade to the Platinum I currently cannot upgrade - still $250 to pay in September and normally the annual fee would be $395.

I just rang up and asked what can be done to lower my annual fee and I was told that as I got the Diamond Card as a free upgrade to the Platinum I currently cannot upgrade - still $250 to pay in September and normally the annual fee would be $395.
Mid ring them in September, ask for a fee waive, and be prepared to walk.

Theres a million relatively equal CCs on the market.

Just called to cancel the card. They only offer their other no annual fee low rate credit card if I spend $1000/mth on it. They couldn't waive the fee on the diamond card. :(

Just called to cancel the card. They only offer their other no annual fee low rate credit card if I spend $1000/mth on it. They couldn't waive the fee on the diamond card. :(

Not surprised. CC annual fee is one of the hardest fee to negotiate in CBA.

no luck here, cancelled it instead

They're not likely to waive the fee on a 'fully featured' premium card given that they have to pay for many of the benefits, despite making some money from the interchange etc.

Things like the Woolworths EDR card have almost no benefits at all so they don't seem to hesitate in waiving the fee, and the fee revenue lost is pretty minimal...

They're not likely to waive the fee on a 'fully featured' premium card given that they have to pay for many of the benefits, despite making some money from the interchange etc.

Things like the Woolworths EDR card have almost no benefits at all so they don't seem to hesitate in waiving the fee, and the fee revenue lost is pretty minimal...

I just checked my statement today and found that $250 annual fee has been charged (I was offered free upgrade from Platinum to Diamond), and I also found out that CAB provides the option to use points to pay for the annual fee.

Update: called awards centre and was told that to reimburse $250 annual fee, it costs shocking 64300 points, that equals 1pt=$0.003 which is even worse than cash back. At least I can get cash back for 1pt=$0.005, not competitive at all for CBA awards card.

Last edited:
Called to cancel diamond card and was offered a downgrade to standard awards card (difference in annual fee reimbursed) and 20,000 awards points...

I have a lot of my banking and insurances with CBA (I know I am not the only one) but they really do not come to the party with fee reductions. I got a free upgrade from the platinum and since September last year I have only put $30k through the card but I thought that it might have counted for something. I guess I will keep the card because I am saving $150 in annual fees but it means that they have another sucker customer *sigh*

Offering a downgrade lower then platinum is just a plain insult I think.

I have a lot of my banking and insurances with CBA (I know I am not the only one) but they really do not come to the party with fee reductions. I got a free upgrade from the platinum and since September last year I have only put $30k through the card but I thought that it might have counted for something. I guess I will keep the card because I am saving $150 in annual fees but it means that they have another sucker customer *sigh*

Offering a downgrade lower then platinum is just a plain insult I think.

I think you can downgrade to their low fee gold card, that card has no annual fee if you spend more than $10K per year, but of course, no awards points at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back