Another 40000 points offer for Ultimate Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note the condition of spending $5000 before June 30, 2008 to earn 32500 points, 5000 points on your first spend and 2500 points for your first Qantas spend equalling 40000 points total.

Restrictions redux?

What are the free flight redemption options - east coast or east coast-ADL only rather than SYD-PER or SYD-DRW?

The latter could be appealing for Asia-centric deals.

What are some alternative mile-award cards, which could net 20k+ QFF miles in six months?

Hopefully 36k miles would suffice for a QF award JFK-SYD later in the year.:?:

I love the way Amex think...listed for benefits are the following:

Other Benefits
  • Annual Card fee of $395 p.a.
  • Interest rate of 19.49%p.a.5
I don't think of fees and charges as benefits.

Has anyone that has previously got the QANTAS Premium Amex with 17500 free points had any success in applying for these cards and getting them approved? I signed up with the Premium Amex in November, so am within six months, but if I can get this card, I'll happily cancel the Premium Amex if I can get the Ultimate Card - the 40000 points, 1.5 points per dollar and the free flight is too good to pass up!

Or am I out of luck being under six months? I'd really like to know other people's experience on this.

Re: Restrictions redux?

BiziBB said:
Hopefully 36k miles would suffice for a QF award JFK-SYD later in the year.:?:
A one-way award JFK-SYD on QF requires 64,000 QFF points.

Just checking again - is anyone applying for this that has previously undertaken offers for the premium card or similar in the past?

Was weighing up the options of ditching the Amex Maximiser for a year and taking up this offer. Checked the Amex website for the Maxmiser annual charge ($144?) and the card is no longer listed. An old link took me to the Amex Gold Card.:?:

I called American Express - the customer service person seemed to think that it would not be an issue signing up for another card if I was transferring from the Premium to the Ultimate and transfer my balances, closing the Premium card.

As I donate a fair bit to charities at the end of the year, and I tend to use my Amex, getting the $5000 won't be an issue. And I'll be flying QANTAS a couple of times between now and June, so I'll score the full 40,000 points, and should be able to use the free flight soon too. Sure, I'm buying my frequent flyer points, but for 1.5 points per dollar, 40,000 points and a free domestic flight (which will attract more points and Status Credits) it seems like a good deal. This will get me over the line for my

Fingers crossed it goes through!

PER Offer? Re: Another 40000 points offer for Ultimate Card

Is anyone visiting PER soon?

• A little birdie told me there was an offer of a waived $395 Amex Ultimate fee plus seven bottles of Vasse Felix red.
  • It might have been a one-off, one day offer.
  • The person at the QF gates at SYD knew nothing. I showed him what the birdie told me (an e-mail) and he said he'd enquire about the fee-waived offer.
  • That 'free' offer was offered and accepted by the birdie last Thursday night.
  • Can someone volunteer to ask the PER Amex people?
No sign of Amex perople in MEL, only Citibank stands at Gate 1 and near the QP..

I'm passing through PER on Saturday. If the Amex people are there, I will subject myself to their marketing and see if they have any such offer.

It was a one-day offer but hopefully that 'one day' rolls around very often.

:)

Yesterday I came across some Amex spruikers at Westfield, Chatswood.
Both Frenchmen, one had done some spruiking from PER and noted the card is very popular because of the East coast flight.

He hadn't heard of the Vasse Felix promo but dsaid there were often promos near the QP, so PER-based readers, please check if a Y1 fee-waived Ultimate is still on the cards at some 'one day only' days. :)

Has anyone in the Eastern States changed their mailing address to Perth in order to get a free flight from Perth, and then paid to change the order of the flights? i'm thinking of doing this if I get the card approved.

beardoc said:
Has anyone in the Eastern States changed their mailing address to Perth in order to get a free flight from Perth, and then paid to change the order of the flights? i'm thinking of doing this if I get the card approved.

I don't think your address had to be in Perth, it just needs to originate in Perth. I am also not so sure you can change the order around.

BiziBB said:
Yesterday I came across some Amex spruikers at Westfield, Chatswood.
Both Frenchmen, one had done some spruiking from PER and noted the card is very popular because of the East coast flight.

He hadn't heard of the Vasse Felix promo but dsaid there were often promos near the QP, so PER-based readers, please check if a Y1 fee-waived Ultimate is still on the cards at some 'one day only' days. :)

I drew a blank on this on Saturday at PER, although I did talk to the guys near check-in rather than those near the QP. I asumed the promos would be the same in both places. Maybe I errored on this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back