Another 20,000 AmexQF Premium Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
American Express

For applications by March 31.

Annual Card fee of $195 p.a. (ie is not waived in first year) So effectively the 20,000 points cost $195 rather than being free. But at roughly 1 cent per point that is cheap buying.

Amex are it would seem wising up to those who have grabbed the card and dumped it in the past to get fre points as there is also a minimum spend requirement.ind you that is generous as spending $1000 earns 12,500 points.

*The 12,500 points offer is only available to new card applicants who apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Card via this online application form by 31 March 2008 ONLY. To be eligible for the 12,500 points you need to apply for the Qantas American Express Premium Card via this online application, be approved for the Card and spend AU$1,000 in purchases on your new Card before 30 June 2008. Please allow 6-8 weeks after you have spent AU$1,000 for the 12,500 points to be credited to your account. Download credit Card conditions PDF and see links below for Points Conditions and Product Disclosure Statement.

So so far the offers are not as good this year.

I just had my QF Amex renewal come up...and they waived the $195 on asking.

2007 was a great year for CC bonuses. 2008 may not be as generous..

Last edited:
lovetravellingoz said:
2008 was a great year for CC bonuses. 2008 may not be as generous..
lovetravellingoz,

Do you mean, 2007 was a great year for CC bonuses. 2008 may not be as generous.. :?:

Just received another AMEX premium card, called and asked for fee waiver, as ex[ected they said no, although they said they could waive fees for next year. So i said cancel the card, wait a moment sir....transferred to cancellation service who approved the card fee free and have made it fee free for lilfe, i do have a platinum card credit card (which i got a 100 harvey norman voucher when i asked for waiver of fee on that)which he said entitles me to have the card fee free for life. Me just want the points and then get rid of the card , until the next promotion..:D

mistado said:
Me just want the points and then get rid of the card , until the next promotion..:D

Question, by cancelling and re-enrolling for the same card when the next promotion occurs some time in the future, won't they catch on and possible even deny the application ? Or unlikely ?

Also, will it affect one's credit rating to constantly have applications for credit cards....

Reason I ask, my Qantas Premium card is up for renewal shortly and I was contemplating telling them in cancelling it and saying I'd be applying for an Earth+ card. Would Amex offer, in general, to waive the renewal fee or would they likely not care ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back