Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Good morning one and all,

I logged online this morning to see this:

03/09/2012 ANNUAL FEE (details)

-$395.00

I am supposed to get the card at the annual fee for $250 because I got the upgrade from Platinum. I know that there are a lot of us Diamond members on here - has anyone else had this issue with annual fees, there are plenty of us out there with CBA Diamond.

I am going to call them tonight 6pm when I get home from work.

Good morning one and all,

I logged online this morning to see this:

03/09/2012
ANNUAL FEE (details)

-$395.00

I am supposed to get the card at the annual fee for $250 because I got the upgrade from Platinum. I know that there are a lot of us Diamond members on here - has anyone else had this issue with annual fees, there are plenty of us out there with CBA Diamond.

I am going to call them tonight 6pm when I get home from work.

I got upgraded from Platinum to Diamond, and the annual fee is still $250 which remains the same, and I called to cancel the card in Aug, was offered $100 to offset the annual fee.

Annual fee aside, if you were to sign up to the wealth package for other benefits - I think it's $395? Diamond would be included in this cost. Maybe worth you while?

I am not on the wealth package - maybe that is correct. I don't have any lines of credit with CBA apart from my card.

Wxx - well done for getting reduction last month!

I am not on the wealth package - maybe that is correct. I don't have any lines of credit with CBA apart from my card.

Wxx - well done for getting reduction last month!

Calling them up, I think $100 off is a standard offer to everyone. You may even get a better deal, good luck.

Oh forgot to add - your wealth pkg fee may be tax deductable as well. [Disclaimer: I'm not a financial adviser, so you may want to confirm for yourself.] So depending on your case, if may be beneficial to look at it from that perspective.

Thanks, I am going to call them up tomorrow - I have got a new job and am exhausted - so much to take on !!!

I got my new card last mth I am on the wealth package and I was charged $250 on 3 sept also
so I called and complained and got it taken off
what is their problem
why can they not egt their software correct.

There seems to be a way of getting this with no annual fee. I started with a student card and got free upgrades every year until I got the Diamond. When it was time to pay the annual fee I downgraded to the Awards card (useless) and got 10,000 QFF points as a sweetener. I just called to cancel this card with the reason that the points earn is no good and the operator offered me 'any' card fee free because "the annual fee on the Awards card was waived anyway" and I still had around 8 months left. I asked if that included the Diamond card and she said yes. BUT my limit was too low to convert to Diamond (only $10,000 - even though I previously had the Diamond card with this limit!). So I ended up cancelling and walking away!

I'm gonna cancel this card on my next anniversary since CBA terminates the Bpay points earning scheme.

Just saw this and had a very different experience. Long term (10+ years) CBA customer and they wrote (snailmail) to ask if i wanted a free diamond card for life.... I checked and it was a valid offer and now have no CC fees!

Had been offered the diamond but not taken up.
Checked fees today on plat card and informed no fees charged.....they were not sure why exempt.
Well this enquiry cause them to activate a fee?
Did not get offered or ask for diamond as no fee will do fine

hi guys just wondering what number you call to cancel or get your fees waived?

I had the Platinum Awards card with no annual fee as part of the wealth package. I was offered the upgrade to Diamond just last week at the same fee as I pay for Platinum ie free.

I've also been offer the 'complimentary' upgrade to Diamond though not on the wealth package ( unlikely to be any time soon).

Also a random call from a CBA 'relationship manager' hoping to discuss the financial services that CBA can offer. Has anyone else had this? Would it be worthwhile broaching the CC annual fee issue to see if it can be waived?

does cba usually offer refund on some of the annual fees if the cards are cancelled with still some months remaining?

Don't know if the dragon has been poked....but as above card was free.
Just got a letter stating we notice you have been getting card free for period of time but November you will be charged $250 plus additional card!
Time to ditch if that the case.
To call and clarify if free or to cancel(after the points transferred)

Just got a letter stating we notice you have been getting card free for period of time but November you will be charged

Got a similar letter on a CBA card (not diamond) that I rarely use, so went into the branch today and cancelled it. The "retention strategy" that they endeavoured to deploy was so pathetic it was almost funny, except they kept me waiting so long that I wasn't in a laughing mood.

Now trying to decide between WWEDR, HSBC, Macquarie, Amex or one of the myriad of other cards with better reward programs than CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back