Amex Westpac Altitude Black Card - 20k bonus after $3k spend in 3mo, no first year annual fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangol

Established Member
American Express Qantas Black credit card | Westpac

FWIW the same page had a link to the Platinum version with a 10k bonus.

American Express Qantas platinum credit card | Westpac

Looks like it may be targeted, unless there is a way to get around it. I got an email, presumably as an existing card holder.

Earn your Qantas Points1 fast and continue to pool your points.
  • Receive 20000 bonus Qantas Points2 when you apply by 15th March 2018, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 3 months from Card approval.
  • Earn 2 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in foreign currency1.
  • Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia1.
  • Earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent at government bodies in Australia1.
  • Plus you'll earn 1 additional Qantas Point when you spend on selected Qantas products and services in Australia9.
No points capping.
Earn unlimited points which means you can take your rewards even further.

Personal Offer Code
You will need your unique Personal Offer Code to proceed after you click Apply Now.

You can find this on the letter, email or Online Banking notification we sent you.

The below (underlined) indicates that not only is the promotion (20k, no first year annual fee) targeted, but applying for the card in the first place is also targeted.

Things you should know
This offer and Personal Offer Code are for the intended recipient only and are not transferable. Only customers eligible to apply for the new American Express Westpac Altitude Card will receive a Personal Offer Code.

Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.

Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.

American Express Westpac Altitude Cards are issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085, Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.

American Express will pay a commission to Westpac in relation to your account. As the commission is based on the entire portfolio of American Express Westpac Altitude Cards, the amount is not ascertainable. Fees or charges in relation to this Card are only payable to American Express, not Westpac.

1. Qantas Points: You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Qantas Points are earned on Eligible Purchases in accordance with and subject to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions as long as your account remains current and in good standing. Eligible purchases: do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions available at americanexpress.com/australia/altitude-points-t&c. Government: Merchants classified as “government” include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies.

2. Bonus points promotion: Offer only available to selected Westpac Altitude cardholders who apply online for the new American Express Westpac Altitude Black Card before 15th March 2018, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on their new Card in the first 3 months from Card approval. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Westpac Altitude Cards Points Terms and Conditions available at americanexpress.com/australia/altitude-points-t&c. Bonus Qantas Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria have been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer and is only available to customers who have received a direct communication from Westpac about the offer. This is a limited time offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice.

3. First year Annual Card Fee waiver: The American Express Westpac Altitude Black Card will have a $0 introductory Annual Card Fee for the first year of Card Membership for selected eligible Westpac customers only. After the first year, the Annual Card Fee will be $199 per year. Offer only available to new American Express Westpac Altitude Card Members who apply by 15th March 2018 and are approved. This offer is only for the American Express Westpac Altitude Card issued by American Express and does not apply to your Westpac-issued credit card.

Targeted based on existing card and variable points. My offer was 15000 points for $3000 spend.

Targeted based on existing card and variable points. My offer was 15000 points for $3000 spend.

Yep, I've got the same 20k points, $3k spend offer. My wife also has these accounts (as a seperate account) and hasn't recieved an offer yet.

Not biting the bullet until it gets a bit closer to see what else is out there. Seems to be much better then the MC that they want to put everyone onto once the black altitude amex finishes.

Obviously not as many people taking up the offer as they'd like, got an email today extending the offer to end of April,still not going to take it as the Amex Ultinate Rewards card has higher earn rate and bigger sign-up bonus.

Yep, I've got the same 20k points, $3k spend offer. My wife also has these accounts (as a seperate account) and hasn't recieved an offer yet.

Not biting the bullet until it gets a bit closer to see what else is out there. Seems to be much better then the MC that they want to put everyone onto once the black altitude amex finishes.

Applied for this on my wife's Earth Black. Simplified application with a lot of data carried over from Westpac. Approved quickly and cards received a few days later. $3000 spend already completed and 20,000 bonus points allocated.

Got a secure message via Westpac online banking with an offer code. The offer was 15,000 points which I applied and was approved instantly.

anyone that has a got an offer code that isn't going to use it to apply for the new amex please sent it to me in a private message i would be grateful. even though I hold a black Westpac card expressing my interest in applying for the new amex card they haven't sent the invite code. maybe I think I already have too many amex issued cards (4) that could be why I don't meet their criteria ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back