Amex Website Account New Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatmeworry

Established Member
Just logged in and noticed they have changed the look of the account page.

At the moment only in my Explorer account but not in my DJ account.

Last edited:
Explorer has changed for me. But not DJ'S.

Not sure why the changes. I wasn't aware of any problems.

Mine doesn't appear any different for explorer/plat reserve/plat charge/plat edge (all on same login though).

Yeah its definitely looking a little more "new".

That's so bizarre.

The only thing that looks new to me is apparently my partner has done quite a bit of online shopping this week as the balance is nowhere close to what it was last weekend! :eek:

I have the new website too. Not sure I'm a fan, personally I didn't see anything wrong with the old one, but there you go...

Mine hasn't changed, but I'm just hoping they'll get their act together and fix the 'points statement' feature for my Explorer card... clicking on the points link used to bring up a list of transactions along with how many points were earned on each, but now the screen is just blank where the table used to be (I still seem to be earning points, however, as the total keeps going up). Still works on my Qantas card so no idea why the Explorer Gateway card is causing issues...

Ugh, I hate the new look. I thought the old interface looked premium whereas the new one has chased the "card" feature (no pun intended) of most websites these days. A bigger issue to me is the lack of communication - I would have appreciated some forewarning about the changes as frankly I find the new interface a lot harder to navigate and some menu items do not display full text descriptions (it gets cut off and puts something like "Benefits & ...").

They subscribe to the Apple mentality of "If it ain't broke, let's change it for change sake".

Yeah its definitely looking a little more "new".

Agreed, although I would call it cough, tabletised, big and non-intuitive.

Whoever the current 'website makeover guys' are at the moment, they need sacking. I'm seeing the same flavour of redesign on multiple big business websites and they all a backwards step.

I have just been to my Amex account and no changes for me.

Interesting new feature in the Offers section under 'Savings'. It details all of the savings you've made through the Amex Offers you registered on your card. Since opening my Explorer card in September 2016 I've saved $790! This card has paid itself back well and truly.

Last edited:
Interesting new feature in the Offers section under 'Savings'. It details all of the savings you've made through the Amex Offers you registered on your card. Since opening my card in September 2016 I've saved $790! This card has paid itself back well and truly.

I just noticed that too. I'm certain it wasn't there yesterday though.

Since opening my 3 Amex accounts (Charge, Reserve and Edge) I have 'saved' over $2k which puts me ahead even before I take into account the flights/travel credits/Priority Pass/VA Lounge access.

The new look has been in other countries for a while now. My SPG from the US looks like this and also New Zealand

Interesting new feature in the Offers section under 'Savings'. It details all of the savings you've made through the Amex Offers you registered on your card. Since opening my Explorer card in September 2016 I've saved $790! This card has paid itself back well and truly.
I can tell you that it's definitely not accurate.

Mine says $145. Even if it only includes my own card and not any of my supplementary cards it is well short of my cashbacks.

Yep, my plat charge additional card disappeared.

Same here. Just called Amex and they couldn't resolve it immediately. They've created a back office escalation.

Ironically, it shows up in the mobile app still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back