AMEX Velocity Platinum Lounge - transferable to Supplementary Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausbt

Established Member
Hi all, thinking of applying for a supplementary card for my wife in order that she can access SYD T1 Amex lounge. Does anyone know if the two comp lounge invites are automatically available for supp cardholders? thanks

Hi all, thinking of applying for a supplementary card for my wife in order that she can access SYD T1 Amex lounge. Does anyone know if the two comp lounge invites are automatically available for supp cardholders? thanks

Annoyingly they don't seem to be. I wanted to do the same thing a month or so ago and rang Velocity to see if I could get them transferred to her account or get the lounge staff to deduct them from my account and allow her in. I totally failed, despite trying the hang up and call again method.

Velocity / AMEX if you are listening the process Virgin have for these lounge passes is really annoying. Lounge passes is something Qantas do much better - the ability to transfer this is very useful. No doubt Velocity "benefit" from a number of the free lounge passes going unused, but I was have to question the economics of this, as a happy customer that used their lounge pass surely beats a disgruntled one that can't transfer theirs!

I hope you figure out a way to use the passes and please let us know if you manage to get them transferred somehow. Good luck!

Really i was told when i went through the lounge that my wife could use the supplementary card but the visit would come off my account.

Maybe call the lounge and ask directly?

Really i was told when i went through the lounge that my wife could use the supplementary card but the visit would come off my account.

Maybe call the lounge and ask directly?

That's good news. I was told that would work if I was travelling on the same flight (pointless for me as I'm VA gold). I did think about calling the lounge directly and tried Googling for their direct numbers, but I couldn't find them. Any idea where I might come across their direct number(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back