AMEX Velocity Platinum Card - 100,000 Points / $349pa / $1000 Spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

uiopui

AMEX Velocity Platinum Card - 110,000 Points / $349pa / $1000 Spend

EDIT - This is now 110,000 via a referral offer

<redacted>

• 110,000 extra Velocity Points[SUP]1[/SUP] when you apply by 30 September 2015, are approved and spend $1000 on your new[SUP]1[/SUP] Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership

Below is no longer valid given a referral beats this - but original post below

It seems its better to apply direct rather than through a referral at the moment.

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/...cards/velocity-platinum/?filter=currentoffers

• Receive 100,000 bonus Velocity Points when you apply by 30 September 2015, are approved and spend $1,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months

I thought this might be of interest of members that haven't signed up yet through the previous offers of 50/60/80K bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
woohoooo...glad I waited and resisted the flood of referral offers for this card.

I need to clean out a few cards and will then apply for Mr and Mrs :)

Yes, I'll be applying for this one too, sorry smit et al! ;)

Chances of getting the bonus as a current platinum edge cardholder (of 2 and a bit years duration)? If i cancel it and wait a couple of weeks?

any clause about not being available to anyone who has held a card with them in the last 13 months?

I've just started figuring out the best way to get a pile of VA points rather than my usual QF ones. This would be perfect except I already have an Amex card.

I know some people have received them anyway in the past, do I take a chance? Hmm...

I've just started figuring out the best way to get a pile of VA points rather than my usual QF ones. This would be perfect except I already have an Amex card.

I know some people have received them anyway in the past, do I take a chance? Hmm...

Exactly my situation. Have plenty of QF pts but would like to build up some VA pts as well. Closed a DJs AMEX in March so ineligible for the bonus by the T&C.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at the chances of getting the bonus anyway if I sign up? The free return flight will offset the annual fee so may be worth taking the chance anyway.

Exactly my situation. Have plenty of QF pts but would like to build up some VA pts as well. Closed a DJs AMEX in March so ineligible for the bonus by the T&C.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at the chances of getting the bonus anyway if I sign up? The free return flight will offset the annual fee so may be worth taking the chance anyway.

Same situation happened to me when I applied for the platinum edge a few months ago. I had a card that I hadn't used for a few years but never cancelled it. They approved the platinum edge but I never got the bonus points and had to pay the yearly fee that is normally waived for that card for the first year.

Applied online today, got approved straight away and the card is on the way

Also looking to diversify my FF pool and the sign-up bonus is very much welcome

I'm in the same boat. Would love to hear anyone's experience with applying for Amex cards with bonuses when you already have an Amex card.

The referral link has now increased to a staggering 110,000 Velocity points!!!

<redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Same situation happened to me when I applied for the platinum edge a few months ago. I had a card that I hadn't used for a few years but never cancelled it. They approved the platinum edge but I never got the bonus points and had to pay the yearly fee that is normally waived for that card for the first year.

Did you tell them on the application that you already had an Amex card or not?

Wow, the plot thickens! Thanks

This is getting up there with the bonuses on US cards.

Last edited:
I have a thread in the referral forum, but for those of you who have been asking about whether bonus points will post. From first hand experience, I applied for this card using a referral link last month as an existing card holder (platinum edge for 3yrs). My (at the time) 80,000 bonus points posted as soon as I had reached the qualifying spend. So go for it!

Last edited:
Given I have a referral link myself I cant really complain about the fact people are posting referral links, but I would however suggest to both mods and the posters here that cross posting referral links here is probably at best poor form and at worst against T&C's and referral links should be confined to the referral thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back