Amex - Singapore / Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Established Member
So i spend most of my days in Singapore and now i will do all my future work expenses in Singapore.

I cant decide if i should take my Amex to Singapore using the transfer country option or apply for a new one there.
I will of course have another local SGD CC (UOB/HSBC/etc but open to idea there also), so i dont 'need' an SG Amex but it would be nice.

Both cards seem similar, i cant find out from the web site what the card in SG costs, any ideas ?

Option 1 - Transfer both my Platinum charge and CC
Option 2 - Transfer just the Platinum CC
Option 3 - Try to have both in both countries.

Amex are ok with a person haveing cards in both countries (yes suprised me also).

The SG card has access to local clubs and only credits to SQ and Asia miles and 1.6 points = 1 mile in either, you earn 1 point per $1.60 SGD, but seems in reality you get double points just by registering. So 1.25 miles per $

Not any specific quesiton, just wondering if anybody has any thoughts or ideas, maybe somebody has a Singapore card and can tell what its like. Maybe the trick is to keep the AU charge card and CC, and just get a seperate SG platinum CC to have the advantages of a local card but that depends on the costs.

E

There are some great 'local' MR bonuses going - such as 10 pts/ $ for certain pharmac_ purchases.

Standard Plat Credit Card cost:
Annual Card Fees

* $300 Basic Card fee
* First 2 Supplementary Card(s) Fee free
* $150 Additional Supplementary Card(s) (applications for Supplementary Cards will be available in new Card Member Welcome Packs)

Optional: A fee free Platinum Line of Credit is available to Singaporean and Permanent Resident applicants at an interest rate of 12%p.a. Upon approval for the Card, our Customer Relationship Officer will contact you on the application of the Platinum Line of Credit.

There's also a 'Reserve' version for S$500/year (and a min $S150,000 earn)

I don't know the price for a Plat Charge.

Reserve is 150k a year i think, the Platinum charge is also 150k a year ! i wont qualify on salary without bonus..... but i can transfer my AU card no problems. And the SG card is 'invitation only' so i guess i would need to ring them to get 'invited' ;) wonder how much it costs.

Now atleast i know the CC card fee... sounds like the AU charge card could be cheaper and can still take advantage of free flight from the other card.

I did notice the 10 points per $$, also cheap movie deals even on weekends (then again Singapore movies are cheap anyway)

hmmm, going to take a few phone calls this one... see what i can get for nothing or reduced rates.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back