Amex Screen Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
my experience

I have a samsung phone, its about 13 months old,
I dropped it and cracked the screen, very subtly

Called amex and got put through to insurance, I asked basic questions and it looked like I was covered, despite the fact I paid via Paypal on ebay via a reputable seller, and they were unclear if there was a time limit on the coverage, even the staff were unsure
the only thing was, the invoice and paypal payment was 20% off as they had a 20% off code

I uploaded the paypal transaction, and the repair reciept (but no actual invoice)

5 days later Irecevied an email saying 90% of the repair was going to be paid

very happy, (maybe the fact that I got it repaired at samsung direct helped)

im always skeptical of insurance companies, let alone free ones for credit card

Last edited:
Nice to hear of a success story.

Which card if you don't mind me asking (is there only one that provides screen insurance)?

my experience

I have a samsung phone, its about 13 months old,
I dropped it and cracked the screen, very subtly

Called amex and got put through to insurance, I asked basic questions and it looked like I was covered, despite the fact I paid via Paypal on ebay via a reputable seller, and they were unclear if there was a time limit on the coverage, even the staff were unsure
the only thing was, the invoice and paypal payment was 20% off as they had a 20% off code

I uploaded the paypal transaction, and the repair reciept (but no actual invoice)

5 days later Irecevied an email saying 90% of the repair was going to be paid

very happy, (maybe the fact that I got it repaired at samsung direct helped)

im always skeptical of insurance companies, let alone free ones for credit card

Good to hear.

I bought my last two phones for family. Members on ebay using ebay gift cards.

I have decided the 5%discount is not worth this Amex screen insruaxne voiding so will from future be paying via PayPal

I did this a while ago. Paid in the end... but it was a battle. I'm on a $40pm plan as the phone was paid off (on the previous $120pm plan). I had to dig out some old bills from when it was on the "paying for the phone" plan. They then wanted to see every single bill from when the phone was brand new.

In the end I did the "I've given you heaps as it is, let me know if you want me to pass it onto the FOS" and Chubb paid it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back