Amex referral cap - Reset date

Status
Not open for further replies.

potm

The terms and conditions say a maximum cap of 200,000 per year. Does anyone know what the reset date is? Is it 1 Jan each year or do they do a rolling 12 months.
Any personal experience would be appreciated.

The terms and conditions say a maximum cap of 200,000 per year. Does anyone know what the reset date is? Is it 1 Jan each year or do they do a rolling 12 months.
Any personal experience would be appreciated.

Not that I've ever got near the cap (lucky you if you have :p), but I believe it resets on the 1 Jan each year. Hope that helps.

This is not a spurious question but what make you think that just because its in their T&C's there really is a cap?

I think some on here have discovered that the cap is 'malleable'. The T&C that I found on my referral page:

• Cap Referrals:You may only send referral messages to a maximum of 20 friends and the amount of Membership Rewards Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 200,000 points per year.

Not that I've ever got near the cap (lucky you if you have :p), but I believe it resets on the 1 Jan each year. Hope that helps.

This is not a spurious question but what make you think that just because its in their T&C's there really is a cap?

I can't find the posts at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I've seen AFF members post that they've reached their referral cap.

I've had 300k of referral points already this year

Nice work!

:eek: was that helped in part by the month they upped the bonus to 60,000 points per referral?

Lang_13 is quite correct, all referrals during in the July AMEX points bonanza didn't count towards your 200k referral bonus cap. I also believe that it is a 200k cap per card. For example, if you have a Charge and an Edge you effectively have a potential to earn 400k referral points.

Nice work! As blueythecat said the july bonus points don't count towards the annual cap. - in theory that is, as not even close to testing it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back