AMEX 'Refer a Friend' - You can now refer multiple cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelee

Hi, Adele from The Champagne Mile blog here. I partner with AMEX to promote their range of rewards cards.

AMEX have kickstarted a campaign to generate card member awareness in their 'Refer a Friend' Program, which most AFF members are no doubt familiar with!

We've written a post about the program today to support the campaign, and there are a few take outs that you might find of interest:

Firstly, many would be aware that AMEX allows eligible card members to refer to multiple cards within the same card 'family' and I have seen a few queries about this in the past. AMEX have recently expanded the selection of cards you can refer to within each 'family'. As an example, the Explorer card now allows referrals to the Platinum Edge and Platinum Charge cards in addition to the Essential card (in the past, you could only refer to the Essential card).

AMEX have also confirmed with us that the bonus points eligible card members can earn for referring someone actually depends on the tier of card product you hold. So if you hold the Explorer, Qantas Ultimate or Velocity Platinum cards, you'll receive the current rate of 30,000 'referrer' bonus points for a successful referral, regardless of the type of card you've referred someone to. In the same vein, hold the Platinum Edge and you'll always receive 15,000 bonus points as the referrer. There is obviously a benefit here for those holding 'high tier' cards like the Qantas Ultimate, Explorer, Velocity Platinum and Platinum Charge.

Secondly, you might also be interested to know that the Refer a Friend cap (set at 200,000 bonus points per year) works by the calendar year - not the membership year. This is something that there has been a bit of confusion about in the past. Something to bear in mind if you're lucky enough to get close to reaching your cap!

I've published some information on the Refer a Friend Program, including 'refer' and 'referee' rates for the most popular cards within my blog post which you can find here

Cheers, Adele

Iam waiting for "refer a coprorate or business card" I have heaps of friends I could refer but there is no way to refer them apparently

I am a platinum charge card holder and would like to generate a link to refer someone to the Explorer Card which according tot his article I can do as they are both in the same family. But when I log into the referal section all it seems I am able to refer is the platinum charge card? Anyone able to shed further light on this?

I am a platinum charge card holder and would like to generate a link to refer someone to the Explorer Card which according tot his article I can do as they are both in the same family. But when I log into the referal section all it seems I am able to refer is the platinum charge card? Anyone able to shed further light on this?
I have platinum edge and my login only talks about referring to the same card.

As a trial dummy run, I emailed link to myself to see results.
Clicked on the received referral and that page showed platinum edge at top of page. However other cards showed further down the page after I scrolled down.

Don't know if this will help you but might be worth testing.
Good luck.

I have platinum edge and my login only talks about referring to the same card.

As a trial dummy run, I emailed link to myself to see results.
Clicked on the received referral and that page showed platinum edge at top of page. However other cards showed further down the page after I scrolled down.

Don't know if this will help you but might be worth testing.
Good luck.

This is exactly how it worked for me and when I referred a friend a couple of months back. I sent them the link and they switched cards down the bottom of the page and applied for the one they wanted. Bonus points credited perfectly for both of us.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. i did work it out in the end. Sent the link to myself and then was able to see the cards that were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back