AMEX Qantas Ultimate - 100k points - $3k min spend - Exp Oct 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

renatts

You'll receive the 100k Qantas points if you apply by October 9 2019, and spend $3000 in 90 days (not including annual fee)

There are plenty of ways to access this offer, either through Qantas, Amex, or other portal sites, however why not help out your fellow AFF’ers and check the Referral Offers Forum for member referral codes.

Income requirements: Minimum $65,000 pre-tax p/a

The annual fee is $450, which is offset by the $450 Qantas credit to use on Qantas flights purchased through Amex travel.
1.25 Points per dollar
2.25 Points per dollar on selected Qantas transactions (Flights, taxes
0.50 Points per dollar on government spend
Uncapped earn rate, which is fantastic when booking a holiday and spending wayyy too much money.

You also get 2 Qantas lounge invitations per year, complementary Qantas wine membership, and 2 entries to the Amex lounges in Sydney or Melbourne.

The insurances included with this card are quite good, but make sure you read the full terms and conditions before deciding whether or not it provides appropriate cover for your needs.

I personally have found this card to be fantastic, and accepted about the majority of places I shop. The bonus points on Qantas spend are fantastic, and the $450 travel credit offsetting the annual fee was a nice touch (I had flights I had to pay for regardless, making the card almost free)

It’s a good time to grab this card if you’ve been thinking about it, because it’s about as high as the sign up bonus gets.

Again, you can get this deal from many different places, it’s up to you how you choose to sign up.

Always a good deal when they offer 100k points. Just waiting for my wife to finish serving her 18 month exclusion period and she’ll get on to it start of next year. I’ve got another year to go.

Will sign up shortly through a referral and then post my link over in the referral thread as well.

Application tip: when applying for this card, they conduct the credit check after completing step 1 of the form, not waiting until the end of the form submission. Only start the form if you intend to complete it!

Does anyone remember from last year, did they extend the offer past October? I remember they did but I'm not so sure.

No wonder they are so efficient. (I would like this offer for a VA card).

Application tip: when applying for this card, they conduct the credit check after completing step 1 of the form, not waiting until the end of the form submission. Only start the form if you intend to complete it!

Does anyone remember from last year, did they extend the offer past October? I remember they did but I'm not so sure.
120k is the highest I've seen the offer on this card; if I recall correctly it stayed at 100k one time but another it dropped down to 60.

120k is the highest I've seen the offer on this card; if I recall correctly it stayed at 100k one time but another it dropped down to 60.

Did they extend past October 6th from your memory? I recall them always initially offering for 2 months but then extending it a few more months past that but can't be sure

Did they extend past October 6th from your memory? I recall them always initially offering for 2 months but then extending it a few more months past that but can't be sure
Last time I opened the card was January 2017 so if it was an october promo it hung around. That said, with so many varying promotions, I think it's anyone's guess.

I am back in the game for these promo cards.
Looking around the Amex Ultimate ones seems to be the best hit.
However, I hold the Amex Essentials Card and have done so for the past 2 years (I was out of the country and wanted to hold my points rather than forfit them or pay an annual charge)

So, in your experience, will I still get the bonus points here?

However, I hold the Amex Essentials Card and have done so for the past 2 years (I was out of the country and wanted to hold my points rather than forfit them or pay an annual charge)

I think you are unlikely to get the points as the amex essentials card is an american express issued card. You could contact amex to check (do it in writing over chat so you can keep the evidence), but I wouldn't risk such a big annual fee to not get the points.

As per the AMEX T's and C's, if you have held or closed any AMEX issued card within the last 18 months, you ain't getting the points. It's pretty crystal clear - and not worth the risk of getting a useless hit on your credit file.

As per the AMEX T's and C's, if you have held or closed any AMEX issued card within the last 18 months, you ain't getting the points. It's pretty crystal clear - and not worth the risk of getting a useless hit on your credit file.

Yeap, clear as mud in a way, because previously I was able to get the bonus points when I canceled cards well within the timeline. I even think I got the bonus points once when I held another Amex card. This was a few years ago so I was wondering if Amex are still lax with their T&C's

Can't see how you'll get the bonus points or why you'd think you would.

Terms from AMEX are very clear. Not as you claim 'clear as mud in a way'.

They are definitely being enforced. May be 3 years ago things were different. But not now.

Submitted the online application, got a "conditional approval" and a few days later a letter in the mailbox that unfortunately they are not able the service my request at this time (what a nice way to put the rejection...). A peculiar thing is that I submitted the application at 11 pm and the letter was dated on the same day.
No credit enquiries visible from them yet in CreditSavvy. It'd be interesting to know what might have tripped this application?

Submitted the online application, got a "conditional approval" and a few days later a letter in the mailbox that unfortunately they are not able the service my request at this time (what a nice way to put the rejection...). A peculiar thing is that I submitted the application at 11 pm and the letter was dated on the same day.
No credit enquiries visible from them yet in CreditSavvy. It'd be interesting to know what might have tripped this application?
Vary rare in my experience to be declined. Amex approves almost everyone.

And FYI no credit enquiry from AMEX has ever shown for me.

Last edited:
Do check credit simple and get credit score as well. If you're rejected for credit checking all three should be a first step.

You can try calling amex to ask, they may give you a rejection reason (though likely will not; you could ask to review what you submitted to make sure you didn't make any errors that led to rejection, like accidentally overstating your expenses).

But The conditional approval is what confuses me and suggests it's more likely to be something like employment info than the numbers you put into your application. (If they didn't add up, you should have been rejected flat out).

I've got this card and recently paid the annual fee. Can anyone tell me how to access the free flights?

Hi All

Just wanted to check something with the $450 travel voucher. I’ve checked the flight I want to use the credit on and it has business reward seats available. My plan is to book through Amex travel and then upgrade to business via the Qantas site with points. I’m only bronze so wanted to check if the business upgrade would be automatic if I requested it and paid the points. The plan is to do this for myself and wife as well and hopefully sit together. Like to hear from anyone who has successfully achieved this.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back