Card Promotions Amex Qantas Business Rewards card: 120k Qantas points + no annual fee in first year

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Seems like a reasonable offer if you have an eligible business - no annual card fee in the first year (normally $450) and 120,000 bonus Qantas points.

Does anyone know if this card earns Qantas points or Qantas Business Rewards points? The webpage just says "Qantas points", which would be preferable as QBR points don't count towards Points Club.

I'm guessing the exclusion clause applies to both personal and business cards?
Unlike some other issuers who separate the two.

*120,000 bonus Qantas Points: Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 6 October 2021, are approved and spend $3,000 on their new Card in the first two (2) months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. 120,000 Bonus Qantas Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member's Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card Points Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program available at American Express® Qantas Business Rewards Card Points Terms and Conditions.

Does anyone know if this card earns Qantas points or Qantas Business Rewards points? The webpage just says "Qantas points", which would be preferable as QBR points don't count towards Points Club.
My “Business” (no “Rewards” in title) card goes direct to my QFF account. If it was QBR points there‘d be something lurking in the Ts&Cs about needing an existing or new account?

I'm guessing the exclusion clause applies to both personal and business cards?
Unlike some other issuers who separate the two.
I believe so. Every AMEX I’ve had over the years (Blue, Corporate, Gold CC, etc) has been linked to my “membership” account - all show “Member Since 1990”…. Which was a PITA when I opened my Business AMEX and missed out on these bonus offers…☹️

Just signed up for this card again - does anyone know the points earn for International payments?> I know there is a 3% surcharge and the exchange rate is really bad.

Just signed up for this card again - does anyone know the points earn for International payments?> I know there is a 3% surcharge and the exchange rate is really bad.
I might be wrong but OS spend should be the same for local spend for points earn - excluding any bonus earn obviously.

In my experience, the AMEX FOREX rates are ok but the surcharge is a PITA. I use my 28Degree MC card if I’m not after points.

I use my Coles Mastercard for OS spend, $0 fee, 0% surcharge plus I get flybuys points for the transaction. It also works well for coles spend, as I get bonus flybuys points. I just wanted to work out the cost-benefit analysis of fees vs returned points for OS transactions given I spend up to $200k overseas each year. :) I've done side by side tests of the exchange rates and I find Amex has a larger spread hence the rate is not as good as Mastercard.

I've done side by side tests of the exchange rates and I find Amex has a larger spread hence the rate is not as good as Mastercard.
Any particular countries/currencies worse than others?

There was a period (before surcharges) that I put everything on AMEX on personal travel. I worked out that I was getting pretty much the spot rate - well, certainly in the US and UK. I wasn’t paying too much attention on business travel - up until just before COVID I had a Corp AMEX and you put everything you could on it.

The current offer is 150k bonus, $0 annual fee for the first year with a 3k spend in 2 months.

Exclusive Offer - Receive 150,000 bonus Qantas Points + no annual Card fee for the first year when you apply by 6 April 2022, are approved, and meet the minimum spend criteria of $3,000 in the first 2 months. Available to new American Express Card Members only.

I am thinking of cancelling a high fee charging card ( Qantas Premier master card) to one with a good sign on bonus.

I have identified some issues – can you please advise

Citicorp seem to back the Qantas Premier master card- I understand there is a rule that says you need to have not had a certain CC for 12 months prior to applying for that same card. Lets say that I cancelled the QF Premier / Citicorp card , does that mean that I cannot apply for any of the cards offered by Citicorp ( eg CitiPremier Qantas Card) for 12 months post cancellation?

The Amplify organization seem to manage the frequent flier side of several different banks – if I currently have a credit card with Amplify managed points accrual , does that exclude me from signing up with different bank’s ( but still linked to Amplify) CC for a minimum of 12 months ?

what were your experiences with being approved for this card?
They asked for my licence and a utility bill 5 days ago and I've not heard from them since

I am thinking of cancelling a high fee charging card ( Qantas Premier master card) to one with a good sign on bonus.

I have identified some issues – can you please advise

Citicorp seem to back the Qantas Premier master card- I understand there is a rule that says you need to have not had a certain CC for 12 months prior to applying for that same card. Lets say that I cancelled the QF Premier / Citicorp card , does that mean that I cannot apply for any of the cards offered by Citicorp ( eg CitiPremier Qantas Card) for 12 months post cancellation?

The Amplify organization seem to manage the frequent flier side of several different banks – if I currently have a credit card with Amplify managed points accrual , does that exclude me from signing up with different bank’s ( but still linked to Amplify) CC for a minimum of 12 months ?
Each card issuer has its own rules. Usually, Amex has an 18 months embargo on welcome points for one of their cards if you had any other Amex card in the previous 18 months.

You should check Citibank's T&C re this.

M
Post automatically merged:

Any particular countries/currencies worse than others?

There was a period (before surcharges) that I put everything on AMEX on personal travel. I worked out that I was getting pretty much the spot rate - well, certainly in the US and UK. I wasn’t paying too much attention on business travel - up until just before COVID I had a Corp AMEX and you put everything you could on it.
Sorry I missed this reply. No, I bought USD, GBP and EUR and they are all pretty much the same spread.

M

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back