Amex points earn on HCF Health Insurance Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin
Gold
Hi, I am about to pay my HCF Health Insurance Premium for a year at a cost of over $5,000 and have always used my bank issued Amex previously. Can anyone confirm points earn using my Amex charge or Plat Edge will only be 0.5 per $ as per t&c
  • Earn 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, telecommunications companies, non American Express provided insurance and government bodies

Thank you

Yes. Unless you have DJ Amex which is 1 point.

For the explorer card:
  • Earn 2 Membership Rewards points7 per $1 spent on purchases except government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 points per $1 spent
I take it that's also 2 points per dollar at HCF since it did not say otherwise?

That makes sense to me.
I have now paid my premium via my David Jones Amex which I have transferring to Qantas points so will earn 0.75 points per $. I am happy with that and grateful for the advice received here.

For the explorer card:
  • Earn 2 Membership Rewards points7 per $1 spent on purchases except government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 points per $1 spent
I take it that's also 2 points per dollar at HCF since it did not say otherwise?

I paid my HCF premium with the Explorer card and can confirm for sure that it's 2 pts! Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back