AMEX Platinum Reserve without AMEX Platinum Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lj46

My Platinum Charge is nearing its $1200 annual fee and was wondering if anyone here currently holds the Platinum Reserve without the Charge?

Plan is to apply for the Reserve (then cancel the Charge) and have the Reserve linked to my current Explorer (to maintain the 2pts/$ on the Ascent Program). I understand I'll be switching reward programs from the Ascent Premium to Ascent, but would much prefer 2 cards whose travel credits ($400/each) offset their annual fee.

My Platinum Charge is nearing its $1200 annual fee and was wondering if anyone here currently holds the Platinum Reserve without the Charge?

Plan is to apply for the Reserve (then cancel the Charge) and have the Reserve linked to my current Explorer (to maintain the 2pts/$ on the Ascent Program). I understand I'll be switching reward programs from the Ascent Premium to Ascent, but would much prefer 2 cards whose travel credits ($400/each) offset their annual fee.

I was thinking the same the other day, except I was wondering if one could get away with the Plat Reserve stay in the Ascent Premium and keep the Explorer linked there.

You'll be able to keep the reserve for an annual fee of $395 after you cancel the charge.
You still have to get the edge linked to the Ascent program though. You'll lose Ascent premium when you cancel the charge.
The other option is to get a Platinum Edge, that is also in the Ascent program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back