Amex Platinum Reserve Free Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulP

Hello Community - reference Amex Platinum Reserve - if I issue a supplementary card to my partner, does she also get a free flight?

You can not use it one year. Then if you call they'll put a note on the system and let you carry it over for a while then book two seats in one go.

Confirmed. My form arrived in the post the other day. I just haven't completed it yet.

This is interesting... Does the card still come with 3 points per $ for dining and Priority Pass? What is the annual fee?
Might have to give them a call this week...

It's now free with the Platinum Charge card. Had the same earn structure. Apart from the free flight, worth it if you bust the 300k MR level with the Charge Card so you can continue earning bonus points on bonus categories.

It's now free with the Platinum Charge card. Had the same earn structure. Apart from the free flight, worth it if you bust the 300k MR level with the Charge Card so you can continue earning bonus points on bonus categories.

This. It is a free companion card for Platinum Charge card holders.

Hmm do they really check the financials? I'm pretty sure they didn't bother checking when I got the Charge, but just in case!

Hmm do they really check the financials? I'm pretty sure they didn't bother checking when I got the Charge, but just in case!

Couldn't say for sure, but I would suggest they do. Certainly all my AMEX applications have resulted in inquiries on my credit files.

Couldn't say for sure, but I would suggest they do. Certainly all my AMEX applications have resulted in inquiries on my credit files.

They told me that they use existing information for the Reserve, yet the application form requires all the usual financial data to be completed. I'm expecting another hit on my credit file.

I have the Platinum Charge, Reserve and Edge. Wondering if anyone has been able to book their free Platinum Reserve and Platinum Edge flight at the same time for the same flight (2 return tix for Primary and Supplementary card holders)? Can I call Platinum Charge travel and ask them to do it for me? Thanks!

I have the Platinum Charge, Reserve and Edge. Wondering if anyone has been able to book their free Platinum Reserve and Platinum Edge flight at the same time for the same flight (2 return tix for Primary and Supplementary card holders)? Can I call Platinum Charge travel and ask them to do it for me? Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem, assuming there are enough seats in the booking class.

I was able to book 3 tickets for Easter long weekend across 3 cards (3rd was wife's Velocity Platinum) worked well was able to do it all in one call. saved us heaps given that was an expensive weekend to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back