Amex platinum - lounge access

Status
Not open for further replies.

akky

Intern
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to help in understanding AMEX Platinum Charge Card.
It says it gives access to Virgin Domestic Lounges, and Delta Sky Lounges.

My question is if I have 3 additional card holders, will they be able to access the Virgin Domestic Lounges on their own provided they have a VA boarding pass of same day? Or is this feature only for the primary cardholder?

Secondly, does the card allow you to get into Delta Airlines affiliated lounges? Just wondering what the options would be for when travelling overseas. I am aware that it does give access to AMEX lounges.

Thank you

Have used 3 cards (1 basic and 2 supps) at various VA lounges over the years without issues. No idea about Delta though.

Technically it is only the primary card holder that has access to the VA domestic lounges, but my sups have never had a problem when traveling on their own.

Can't comment on Delta either as I haven't tried

Same here, my wife and youngest daughter (25) have supplementary cards and have never had any issue getting in to VA domestic lounges.

Technically it seems VA lounges are only for the primary card holder and a guest. Delta includes supplementary cards holders but no mention of guests.

With the VA lounges, do they scan/swipe the card or just check that the name matches the boarding pass?

Capture.GIF

Technically it seems VA lounges are only for the primary card holder and a guest. Delta includes supplementary cards holders but no mention of guests.

With the VA lounges, do they scan/swipe the card or just check that the name matches the boarding pass?

View attachment 101088

We were charged for guests (USD29) at the JFK Skyclub

Ok so I endured the following online chat with Amex this morning, with 'BB'. I've disguised myself as 'Winston' as the war with Eastasia continues thus we must take care. To save you the read yes supplementary cardholders can be admitted along with one guest, to VA Domestic and SYD T1 Amex lounge. Sorry, broaching DL lounges would've been too difficult to contemplate. Read on if you enjoy mild farce:

0:27, Jul 7: Welcome to American Express Live Chat
This chat will be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Info at 10:27, Jul 7: Winston is now chatting with BB.
BB: Hi! Welcome to American Express, My Name is BB.
Winston: Hello BB, *Winston* here
BB: Great!
Winston: I heard recently that the annual fee on this card is going up, and the points accruals down. Apparently, this is an 'enhancement'. What do you think?
BB: Yes, you heard it right however not much difference is made in points structure
Winston: But doesn't 'enhance' mean to improve something?
BB: Yes, right and they would bring some additional benefits with it. We would send you communication* with details about it. (*thinking* on a Newscreen perhaps?)
Winston: That's wonderful. I think the message i'm missing here is 'doublethink'. I really like this card and might have a doublethink about cancelling it.
Winston: I want to ask a favor though please?
BB: May I know the details
Winston: I have never used the Amex Sydney International lounge access feature on this card. I generally have access to other lounges. However my wife is a supplementary card holder. It is very important to me that she can have access to the Sydney International T1 Airport Amex lounge on xx July 2017. May she please present her card on that day and get access?
BB: Sure, I see Winston are using Platinum velocity Card with us and Winston do get two Virgin Australia lounge passes with your Card every year
Winston: yes that's correct. It's important to note my wife is flying Jetstar on that day out of Sydney T1. I would like her to access the American Express lounge, which is stated benefit on this card please
BB: Winston, you get Velocity Lounge passes with your Card.
BB: They can be redeemed at velocity Lounges by simply showing the Card and Lounge pass
Winston: Yes but BB, the American Express lounge is not a Virgin Velocity Lounge - I just want to make sure she can access the American Express lounge at Sydney T1. Do you agree access to the Amex lounge at Sydney T1 is a stated benefit of this card?
Winston: https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/velocity-rewards-cards/velocity-platinum/
Winston: Check point #10
BB: Sure
BB: Thanks for your patience.
BB: Yes, she can take access to American Express Lounge Sydney Airport T1
Winston: Thank you comrade. You truly understand that reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. I thank you for your help.
BB: You’re most welcome!
BB: Have a great day ahead, Winston!

Perhaps we need to clarify as there are different Amex platinum cards. There is the Velocity platinum and the Platinum charge card. My post was in reference to the Charge card.

As we start to look at USA Domestic flights, and which carriers to torture ourselves by flying, does anyone know if the US Airport Amex lounges and partner lounges accessible by Australian Amex Plat Charge cardholders? Do they differentiate between US issued and foreign issued cards.
https://www298.americanexpress.com/benefits/platinum/us/en/#/loungefinder

The only reason I don't think this is a "DUH" question, is because the benefits between US and AUS issued cards differ substantially.

We had no problems with Centurion lounge in LAS and Delta Lounge in JFK earlier this year

Perfect, LAS is one of our stops. Thanks andye.

SEA will be another and I think Priority Pass will give us access to the alaskan lounge at Sea/Tac, or we will be flying F on alaskan and I assume that gives us access.

Perfect, LAS is one of our stops. Thanks andye.

SEA will be another and I think Priority Pass will give us access to the alaskan lounge at Sea/Tac, or we will be flying F on alaskan and I assume that gives us access.

Domestic F in US rarely gives lounge access but not 100% sure on Alaska
I thought the LAX Centurion a good lounge with a great bar and food options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back