Amex Platinum flight discounts on LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollycram

In reading the "Your Platinum Card" booklet I noticed that Amex offers 15% discounts on the LAN Sydney to Auckland route. Can anyone tell me if this is off the $700ish J class airfare that many use for status runs, or is it only off some much more expensive fare?

In reading the "Your Platinum Card" booklet I noticed that Amex offers 15% discounts on the LAN Sydney to Auckland route. Can anyone tell me if this is off the $700ish J class airfare that many use for status runs, or is it only off some much more expensive fare?
I suspect you have stumbled across something that the rest of us have missed.

Probably worth a phone call.

Let us know how you get on. :cool:

If it's true I'll be kicking myself for not reading the brochures properly...

I finally got around to calling Amex re this and the answer is that yes, they do give a discount. However, they then charge a $55 ticketing fee. At the moment, this means that rather than paying $750 you can pay around $710. But, they also charge a $55 fee for any changes so looks like if there is any chance you might need to change your flights you might be better booking elsewhere.

Had forgotten about this, but agree that there doesn't appear to be much benefit over booking via the LAN website. The flexibility is certainly limited with this offer

But if you book with Lan.com
it is a $150 change fee...not sure if that is charged by Amex as well on top of the $55

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back