Amex Platinum Edge via priceline, no fee first year, 13500 bonus pts for $200 spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctau

I saw this on OzBargain: https://www.priceline.com.au/amex

Amex Platinum Edge with no annual fee for the first year, 13500 bonus points if you spend $200 at Priceline within the first 90 days, and the earn rate increased to 10 points per dollar at Priceline. Otherwise standard Edge earn (3 supermarket, 2 petrol, 1 other, 0.5 insurance/govt/utilities), and still get the free virgin flight.

To compare with using referral link:
a) $195 annual fee for 15000 MR points, the flight, and some points (10k?) for your referrer
b) $200 spent at priceline, for 15500 MR points, the flight, and $200 of things at Priceline. 9 points per dollar extra on any further spend at Priceline
c) No annual fee, don't spend any money at priceline, and I think still get the free flight.

I have the platinum charge card, so aren't entitled to the extra points (but may still get them, from other reports on AFF), but may apply any way for the effectively free flight

Re: Amex Platinum Edge via priceline, no fee first year, 13500 bonus pts for $200 spe

If you have a Platinum Charge, you should be eligible for the free "companion" Platinum Edge.

Re: Amex Platinum Edge via priceline, no fee first year, 13500 bonus pts for $200 spe

Note that with the offer that you have to join the Sister Club first.

If you have a Platinum Charge, you should be eligible for the free "companion" Platinum Edge.
Isn't it the Reserve that is the companion? I've got that one.

I received my card - but how do I book the free flight? Do I do this online or via the phone? Any assistance with a link where I find the free flight to book would be a help. I have gone online and registered but only see flights with prices?

Call Amex they will book for you

Isn't it the Reserve that is the companion? I've got that one.

You used to get the Reserve but may have changed now it's not really an available card.

Thanks Freq Flier 2013

You used to get the Reserve but may have changed now it's not really an available card.

Unfortunately it's still the reserve you get, at least a month ago it was when I got mine. The Edge would have been preferable since it has different categories for the 3x and 2x points to the Charge.

Unfortunately it's still the reserve you get, at least a month ago it was when I got mine. The Edge would have been preferable since it has different categories for the 3x and 2x points to the Charge.

Depends on personal circumstance, for me the better flight option on the Reserve (e.g. To NZ) adds value.

can someone get this offer by going through the amex referral scheme ?

I've signed up and received my Amex Edge card.

Will buying a $200 Priceline gift card count towards the $200 Priceline spend, and thus trigger the bonus points being awarded?

I want get the bonus points ASAP, however I'm not in need of anything at Priceline at this time.

Have any existing amex cardholders applied successfully for this card?

I have a David Jones AMEX card and was approved for the AMEX Edge.

Also, to answer my own question 2 posts above. Yes, purchasing gift cards are fine for the points earn.

Happy First post! :D
This is actually an awesome deal seeing that you get 10 points to the $1. Couple that with the Velocitiy Estore and you've potentially got 12 points to the $1! You can never have too much shampoo and toothpaste stocked up :)

Yes I hold the Velocity Platinum card. Have just received my bonus 13,500 points - so can confirm it works.

Last edited:

A quick note that not every Priceline takes American Express. I chucked a tizz at Priceline Melbourne Central when they refused to accept my Platinum Edge that I got through Priceline, and have notified Amex about this. A friend who works for Priceline said it was very unusual for a Priceline franchise not to accept Amex.

A quick note that not every Priceline takes American Express. I chucked a tizz at Priceline Melbourne Central when they refused to accept my Platinum Edge that I got through Priceline, and have notified Amex about this. A friend who works for Priceline said it was very unusual for a Priceline franchise not to accept Amex.
same thing for the Priceline pharmac_ on the corner of Warrigal and High st. They said because they're a small business franchise they can't take it. Just to confirm, Chadstone Priceline takes it no problems.

Yes I hold the Velocity Platinum card. Have just received my bonus 13,500 points - so can confirm it works.

So the bonus points works, but do you still get the first year annual fee waiver as well?

So the bonus points works, but do you still get the first year annual fee waiver as well?

Yes, the initial link that you click from the Priceline site takes you to the special priceline branded Amex application form which states the $195 fee is waived;
for me it was a question of whether or not the bonus points would come through.

I'm tossing up whether to go for the $1200 Platinum card now... 120,000 points mmmm...

I just got this deal for my hubby (after signing him up as a Priceline sister member). He already has a Amex Platinum - so we are hoping for the bonus 13,500 in addition. All declared - will have to wait and see. The earn rate is attractive (makes my David Jones Amex redundant though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back