AMEX Platinum Edge Referral bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

medhead

Suspended
I've just received a post card offering:
refer your friends for your American Express Edge Credit Card and we'll give you 10,000 Bonus Points for each referral that is approved

Looks like it is limited to 50,000 for the referrer. Also:

Yours Friends get something extra too

As a special welcome, each successful applicant will receive 20,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points to the the ball rolling

Any friends want a referral? ;)

Last edited:
You get up to 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards points*
Your friend gets up to 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards points*

for Plat Charge Cardholders referring friend to Plat Edge

Any ideas if the 20,000 bonus points for the referree is in addition to the 25,000 bonus points currently offered on the AMEX website (American Express®)
I'm guessing it's one or the other.

I've just received a post card offering:

Looks like it is limited to 50,000 for the referrer. Also:

Any friends want a referral? ;)

Mine is for the Reserve and is 20k for each referral up to 100k and 40k for the "friend"!

did you all see that if the applicant already has any american express card that the bonus will not apply!!!!!!

did you all see that if the applicant already has any american express card that the bonus will not apply!!!!!!

No, I didn't look that deep as I don't expect to refer anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app so please excuse the lack of links.

This is something AMEX UK seems to offer standard, so if anyone is ever needing a UK issued Plat Charge Card .. you know who to come to! ;)

My fold out postcard offer received today was the same as ckd500's. I an looking to refer my parents - mine is a Plat Reserve

Mine is for the Reserve and is 20k for each referral up to 100k and 40k for the "friend"!
There appears to be bug in their software, click on the wrong card and you will get the bonus applicable for that card!

I referred a friend an edge card and I got my 10k bonus miles in my account straight away, as soon as he was approved, even before he activated it! If only the points for my FX transfer wound come through that quick!

Did you guys all get emails for this? and if so does that mean only those who are eligible?

I guess need to clarify.

1. professional affliation prie wont be eligible?
2. Bank affliated AMEX counts as having an amex card? therefore not eligible for this promo?
3. when does it end?

Google leads me back to this thread lol :)

ok so had time to investigate this offer, it really isnt any good.

The bonus the "friend" is getting, is not as good for platinum edge. And if you can apply via professional affiliation then this deal is totally not worth it.

I spoke with friend about joining AMEX and how as he and his wife wish to fly to Tassie a couple of times a year I reckoned 2 cards would be the go as they could get 2 flights instead of one. He does a lot of road miles, so I explained how the plat edge would give him a faster points earn too.

So next time I am talking with him he tells me he phoned AMEX and had a long chat and he would be joining via his professional body (accountant) and thanks for putting him onto it. That really worked well for me with nothing to show for it. Thanks a bunch. :)

I got nothing as well - my parents baulked at Amex and couldn't convince them otherwise (not even the lure of points that they could transfer to me) :eek:

I got nothing as well - my parents baulked at Amex and couldn't convince them otherwise (not even the lure of points that they could transfer to me) :eek:

I sold the Amex concept alright but my friend will sign up to Amex via his society of accountants or wizards. Amex get a new customer, I get nothing. Bugga...........

I have someone that wants to sign up, but he wants Qantas points and it wasn't included in the offer, I rang and asked, so could have got them an extra customer if they had included Q earn in any of the cards eligible.

I have someone that wants to sign up, but he wants Qantas points and it wasn't included in the offer, I rang and asked, so could have got them an extra customer if they had included Q earn in any of the cards eligible.

So what was their response?

they said no those cards were not on the list and "someone" would get back to me about it, no one ever did. So will wait and see if they have a better deal for him later on in the year, he only flies Qantas, silly bugger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back