AMEX Platinum Edge Fare buckets changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultiffen

Hi all,

I just had trouble redeeming my AMEX Plat Edge free flights. Searching for 12th Feb SYD MEL they only had flights in the morning. Previously I've had no issues redeeming.

At first I was advised that they were given 21 seats and I remember for AMEX reserve it was 10 seats (I think regardless of which fares were booked). After speaking to a supervisor I was advised that they could book T, Q and V classes only and that this was also of course available to the general public.

Has this policy changed or is it now harder to redeem?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul

My understanding is the same - last year i called up and asked about the availability of seats - 21 was the number given to me. However, I would think with increased number of Amex platinums around (edge, reserve, etc), there is more and more people redeeming - hence the difficulty increasing i would have assumed.

Also, in my experience, I have booked for flights that are 3 months out (generally successful with my dates), so I wouldn't know how reliable amex platinum is for bookings that fly within a month..

I just made a booking on Thursday for 18/2 SYD > MEL morning. She told me 1 hour per flight any flight I want all available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back