Amex Platinum Charge Card Just the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbourl

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Gold
Hey almost a year with the Platinum Charge Card - fraud 3 times and recent redemption of 26000 MR Points for a hotel - Ive had the card just over a year
No such things as 24 hour service on the Platinum Charge Card despite the false information on the Amex website - all you get is a recorded message saying our office is closed whether you choose trave lservice concierge or account enquiries - too bad if you have a lost or stole card or need urgent assistance !!!
To top it all of the sage from 31/8/17 after I reported the fraude has been appauling Misinformation from Manila call centres incorrect information etc etc etc I don't pay $1200 for rubbish services and inept call centre staff Receive my fourth replacement card and set up a new online account through call centre whilst it was still open and nothing is working nothing transferred no transactions no memebership rewards points
Anyone have any suggestions - if it wasntfor Local champion and bonus pts for travel restaurant and overseas transactions I would have dumped this card!! And now Im told Express Cash (a great facility) wont work with my new card OMG WHAT GIVES????????????????????????????????????

Their call centre is 24/7 but apparently there’s a problem with their phone system that causes it to play the recorded message by mistake. To work around this, don’t enter your card number when it asks, just press 0 and you’ll be transferred to an operator.

Thx for that
Called Friday Got an Australian -finally all fixed -when I threatened to close my account which I was seriously considering after 20 years of beingg an Amex customer, the helpful Aussie guy offered me 100000 Ascent Premium points I accepted and he fixed almost everything up -and I will also receive the 25900 Ascent Premium Points I was defrauded of when I was in Madrid in late August 2017 Only problem now is Amex Complimentary insurance doesn't apply to any of my flights in November to attend Greater New York Dental Meeting a yearly event for me (at Javits Center in NYC there is an Amex Open lounge which you can access with your Platinum Personal Charge Card for free coffee nibbles internet pcs printers etc etc so at any conference at Javits Center NYC you don't have to pay for coughty Starbuck after queuing for 30 minutes - Amex is worth it just for this as wel las the free cloth bags for Amex Open and Amex Shop Small NYC)- combo of frequent flyer redemptions and purchased tiks all paid for with amex platinum for taxes and fares
UA F ADL-SIN-NRT-IAD UA redemption
UA C IAD-LGA purchased fare
AA F JFK-SFO Etihad redemption
UA C SFO-LAS-EWR purchased fare
CX F JFK-HKG-ADL AA redemption
LX C TLV-ZRH-MXP UA redemption April 2018
I no longer have travel insurance because Chubb Australia tell me its a different Platinum Card NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!

Hey almost a year with the Platinum Charge Card - fraud 3 times and recent redemption of 26000 MR Points for a hotel - Ive had the card just over a year
No such things as 24 hour service on the Platinum Charge Card despite the false information on the Amex website - all you get is a recorded message saying our office is closed whether you choose trave lservice concierge or account enquiries - too bad if you have a lost or stole card or need urgent assistance !!!
To top it all of the sage from 31/8/17 after I reported the fraude has been appauling Misinformation from Manila call centres incorrect information etc etc etc I don't pay $1200 for rubbish services and inept call centre staff Receive my fourth replacement card and set up a new online account through call centre whilst it was still open and nothing is working nothing transferred no transactions no memebership rewards points
Anyone have any suggestions - if it wasntfor Local champion and bonus pts for travel restaurant and overseas transactions I would have dumped this card!! And now Im told Express Cash (a great facility) wont work with my new card OMG WHAT GIVES????????????????????????????????????
Apologies but I’m having a lot of trouble reading and understanding your post. I suspect I may not be alone here. It appears that you have had the Plat Charge Card for one year and have had fraudulent transactions and difficulty with the call centre.
That hasn’t been my experience thankfully and of all the cards I hold it’s the one that gives me the least grief and the most benefits.
May your luck improve :)

Thx for that
Called Friday Got an Australian -finally all fixed -when I threatened to close my account which I was seriously considering after 20 years of beingg an Amex customer, the helpful Aussie guy offered me 100000 Ascent Premium points I accepted and he fixed almost everything up -and I will also receive the 25900 Ascent Premium Points I was defrauded of when I was in Madrid in late August 2017 Only problem now is Amex Complimentary insurance doesn't apply to any of my flights in November to attend Greater New York Dental Meeting a yearly event for me (at Javits Center in NYC there is an Amex Open lounge which you can access with your Platinum Personal Charge Card for free coffee nibbles internet pcs printers etc etc so at any conference at Javits Center NYC you don't have to pay for coughty Starbuck after queuing for 30 minutes - Amex is worth it just for this as wel las the free cloth bags for Amex Open and Amex Shop Small NYC)- combo of frequent flyer redemptions and purchased tiks all paid for with amex platinum for taxes and fares
UA F ADL-SIN-NRT-IAD UA redemption
UA C IAD-LGA purchased fare
AA F JFK-SFO Etihad redemption
UA C SFO-LAS-EWR purchased fare
CX F JFK-HKG-ADL AA redemption
LX C TLV-ZRH-MXP UA redemption April 2018
I no longer have travel insurance because Chubb Australia tell me its a different Platinum Card NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!
Maybe it's too late at night and I've slowed for the evening but having read this post four times I have NO understanding why you have not got Amex Travel Insurance.

In any case I personally would not rely on it. The last time I relied on it was before they did major enhancements and it was like getting blood from a stone then.

I have had the Platinum charge Card for years and have never had any significant issues other than I don't trust CC Insurance. (From anyone)

Amex "24/7" service is a total lie.

I've called many times and, after entering my card number, get a "call back during business hours" message. Not entering your card number does get you through to someone, but it is a Manila call centre with 4 staff who can actually do nothing. They will promise to lodge a "report", but you'll never hear back.

To Amexs credit, the AU staff available during business hours are ok, but there is no after hours support.

Amex "24/7" service is a total lie.

I've called many times and, after entering my card number, get a "call back during business hours" message. Not entering your card number does get you through to someone, but it is a Manila call centre with 4 staff who can actually do nothing. They will promise to lodge a "report", but you'll never hear back.

To Amexs credit, the AU staff available during business hours are ok, but there is no after hours support.
I have called after hours several times lately and gotten through without issue and had great service.
Interesting that our experiences are so different.

Update - last Friday called and got someone in Australia - no return of fraudulently deducted MRewards points - this guy fixed it all up for me linked new accounts and another card, and even offered 100000 points as a token of appreciation for being an Amex member for 20 years I accepted -finally got the 25900 points stolen back 2 days ago Only now all my flights to from NYC and within USA in a few weeks aren't covered by the comp insurance As its a totally new account I received another $300 travel credit - I questioned this Wednesday and was told I will have to pay a new annual fee and what I payed for renewal in May of this year will be refunded pro rata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back