Amex Platinum Business Card: Bonus 150000 Membership Rewards Points ($1500 fee pa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Member

Established Member
Similar to the personal card at $1200 for 100,000 points but this one is for business. I assume the application process requires and ABN - not expensive from memory - $30-40?

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/...v=au:acq:cs:tool:viewallsbs:PlatSBS:learnmore

• 150,000 Membership Rewards points1 when you apply by 31 March 2016, are approved and spend $5,000 on your Card within the first 2 months of Card Membership. This offer excludes existing Card Members or previous Card Members who have held any American Express Card in the last 12 months1
  • Your American Express® Platinum Business Card gives you access to premium services with Platinum Business Concierge3, designed to help you save time and manage your account with ease.
  • Earn 2 Membership Rewards points4 per dollar spent at tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia, and at airlines, accommodation, spend in foreign currency, advertising, couriers and computer equipment
  • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point4 per dollar spent on all other purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies in Australia where you earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points4 per dollar spent. You will earn up to a threshold of 375,000 points4 reverting thereafter to 1 point per $1 spent except for the 0.5 categories mentioned above
  • Platinum Travel means a team of experts will attend to your business requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - giving you more time to concentrate on work and unwind when you're done
  • Your Platinum Business Card comes with complimentary Virgin Lounge access5. Simply show your Card and Virgin Australia boarding pass to gain entry. Priority Pass membership2 is also yours to enjoy. You and one Supplementary Card Member will now have unlimited access to over 700 VIP airport lounges in more than 100 countries
  • For most of the Platinum Travel Insurances6 you don’t even need to use your Card for the purchase to be covered; you’re entitled to them, just for holding the Card. Plus, your dependent children (up to and including the age of 24), your spouse and any Supplementary Card Members are also covered by these travel insurances
  • Control your paperwork and expenses with monthly statements. Where available, the GST payable amount for transactions is provided and meets the ATO’s requirements for GST reporting7. This will assist you when completing your BAS and managing your business expenses at tax time

Card Type: Charge Card with no pre-set spending limit8
    Annual Fee : $1,500 p.a.
    Supplementary Cards : Earn Rewards faster with up to 99 additional Supplementary Cards for your colleagues at no additional cost

What you can do with 150000 Membership Rewards Points?
    Transfer to 10 Airline Partners:
    Qantas: 1:1
    Virgin Australia: 1:1
    Singapore Airlines: 1:1
    Cathay Pacific 1:1
    Etihad 1:1
    Malaysia Airlines 1:1
    Thai Airways 1:1
    Emirates 4:3
    Virgin Atlantic 1:1
    Air New Zealand 100:1

Re: Amex Platinum Business Card: Bonus 150000 Membership Rewards Points ($1500 fee pa

If you are interested in this card, DM me. I have the card and if referred by me we both get bonus MR credits. Cheers
I know what MR Pts are but what are MR credits?

Re: Amex Platinum Business Card: Bonus 150000 Membership Rewards Points ($1500 fee pa

I know what MR Pts are but what are MR credits?

Cruise Elite, he is referring to both applicant, AND the referrer get points for the successful application.

Oh so MR credits = MR Pts right?

Oh so MR credits = MR Pts right?

Yep. So if you apply the card via the thread in the Referrer section, both you and referrer get Membership Rewards Points.

Is it worth pursing in your opinion? $1500 for 150k points? The earn rate doesn't seem terribly high at 1:1 considering what you pay.

Posts seeking referrals have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back