Amex Personal Gold Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer 777

My wife has a old personal Gold credit card, which has not been used in recent times, just wondering if anyone knows the points earn etc on this card?
Cheers

No idea, but almost guarantee it's nothing compared to having an Explorer linked to Ascent. May still be 1:1 and might, possibly, get points on ATO if they have overlooked it. Would be my advice to upgrade to better cards.
Can't you just log in to the site and see how many points you are being awarded? Put through a few random transactions to confirm it.

I have the personal American Express Gold Card. It can have advantages given that it is a charge card. But it is no longer offered by Amex.
I guess I keep it for sentimental reasons, and laziness, given that I've had it since 1982. It offers one point per $ on any spend I do, though I have not done any government spend on this card. It also offers ability to transfer points to various airlines other than Qantas. In the main I use the Qantas American Express Premium Card, for which I get a discounted fee given I have the Gold Card.

I’ve also still got my Amr x Gold Charge card. Only use it now for Amex offers but my Platinum Edge is its free companion card so it’s a good combination for me.

I’ve also still got my Amr x Gold Charge card. Only use it now for Amex offers but my Platinum Edge is its free companion card so it’s a good combination for me.

Do you pay a fee for the gold charge card?

I’m paying $130. I called up last year and asked them to waive it due to the $1200 Platinum charge fee and they agreed.

Earn 1 MR Ascent Premium point/$ on it. I think its native MR program is Gateway.

My wife has a old personal Gold credit card, which has not been used in recent times, just wondering if anyone knows the points earn etc on this card?
Cheers
I used to have the Gold credit card but Amex force changed it to the Platinum Rewards credit card many years ago. I'm surprised yours wasn't changed at the same time - is it a co-branded card or a professional organisation affiliated card?

I think at the time of change I was earning a flat 1pt/$ on the Gold card and didn't pay an annual fee because I was holding the Platinum charge card as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back