AMEX Membership Rewards website glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Had a weird one this evening.
Planning a trip to Europe and need to transfer all my AMEX points to KF.
I have a Platinum Edge card that I get through a professional body. Enrolled in Ascent
I also have a Business Explorer enrolled in Gateway

Logged in, my Plat Edge was the selected account. Clicked on "View points Earned". All good so far - displayed the points in my Ascent account.
Then clicked redeem points and my gateway account points balance is displayed. I redeemed those points assuming I'd stuffed up somewhere along the line.
Redemption works.
The tried to start again and redeem the Ascent points - website will NOT let me redeem the Ascent points.
Rang AMEX and they did the transfer for me, but I don't want to have to ring them every time.

Anyone else seen similar to this?
I've reported to AMEX but not confident it'll be properly resolved.
Regards,
Peter

Redeemed Ascent Premium points for KF miles a few days ago without any issues.

I only have the one award account however...

Somewhere I saw someone had an error transferring to one transfer partner (can't remember the partner) when they had that partner linked to their Membership Rewards Ascent account (eg Plat Edge), but wanted to transfer from their Membership Rewards Gateway account (eg Explorer). They were able to it it manually fixed by Amex CS over the phone.

Perhaps you had a similar problem.

Yes possibly. I think it relates to having two cards that are in the same account/person's name but two different reward accounts.
I'm going to try to get the explorer linked into my ascent account which will also have the benefit of a better redemption rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back