AMEX Hilton Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkl

When will AMEX AUS implement the new Hilton cards? As they have started doing so in USA.

Also they have increased the transfer ratio from 1MR to 2HH in USA etc.

Right now there is a bonus for AUS 1MR to 1.5HH. Need a booking the points for mid march booking. An extra 50% be great

I've just transferred some MR to HH yesterday (Saturday) using this offer. The points showed up next day (Sunday). I've just spoken with someone from HH as Amex said timing of awarding of bonus points not up to Amex but Hilton. HH rep wasn't able to give me any plausible guidance. Has anyone taken up this offer and already received their bonus HH points? How long did it take after the MR hit your HH account? I can see something I want to redeem but am worried the price will go up while I'm waiting for my bonus points.

Last time I did one of these offers was with my Citi card - 2x bonus points (effectively 4 points per dollar - I can see why they've downgraded it with latest 'reforms') and got a great deal for a week in the Maldives. Points came through straight away at same time as Citi points hit.

I also took advantage of the citi 4:1 transfer. That was such a good deal.

Are you saying you received the base points but not the 50% bonus?

That’s right just wondering how long it takes for the bonus to appear with the current Amex offer.

Last edited:
Please allow up to eight weeks for the additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points to be awarded

I saw that too. Was hoping that it might not take the full 8 weeks. I'll report back on my experience should other members have also made or are contemplating the same transfer.

Impressed! Amex points arrived overnight even on the weekend. Hilton operator didn’t know anything about bonus points promo and various Amex reps I’ve spoken with are sticking to the 6-8 weeks time frame for them hitting my Hilton account. I’ve booked as many nights as possible with the points that I have and cash for the rest as unlike SPG Hilton won’t allow you to reserve reward rooms if you don’t have the points up front. Can then try to change my booking when they arrive or wait to use the ‘surplus’ Hilton points another time.

Thought I’d post my experience in case anyone else was participating in this promotion.

I believe the Centurion does offer diamond status although it’s not a dedicated hotel card. There might be a segmentation issue particularly as gold comes with the Platibum Charge card.

Transferred points out just before midnight.

bonus was taken off website, but called up and was assured if i transferred before 12, i should still get the bonus!!

fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back