Amex company technology hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
as much as I am loving this amex card, the systems/apps/phones/technologies are absolutely disgustingly hopeless

have a bank issued amex, registered, logged in once about a year ago, tried to log in the next day came up with "system is down please try again in 15 mins"
this message continued for 3 months no matter what Itried, different browser, time, pcs.
called up amex and got told (you arent going to beleive this) that amex have no idea about the login side of the system becasue it was a bank card, and that my bank would be able to provide the username and support.

after making a multitled of calls and complaining, I ended up getting a call back (after 5 promises of a callback) from america and basically got told the same thing, "oh we dont have access to logins and the it side of things because its a bank card"
chucking up a nother stink I got the supervisr who said they would delete my profile and recreate it,new account was created, and it still locked up on me,

after a month, acount was reset (even though they initially claimed they had no access), and its worked ever since

ive recently applied for an explorer and it went fine

I installed the app, and tried to generate the referal link and it says system down,

I go on to my pc and refera link is down, however I can login fine

called up amex and got told (you arent going to beleive this) that amex have no idea about the login side of the system becasue it was a bank card, and that my bank would be able to provide the username and support.

SOPOOR, yes I believe it as bank issued Amexes are in terms of the customer issued by the bank. You applied for the card from that bank, and so you manage that card via that bank. That is how it works.

If you apply and gain an Amex direct from Amex, then you deal with them (Amex) including online.

If you gain a VISA Card from Citibank, you deal with Citibank and not VISA. etc etc

SOPOOR, yes I believe it as bank issued Amexes are in terms of the customer issued by the bank. You applied for the card from that bank, and so you manage that card via that bank. That is how it works.

If you apply and gain an Amex direct from Amex, then you deal with them (Amex) including online.

If you gain a VISA Card from Citibank, you deal with Citibank and not VISA. etc etc
i am referring to the amex login for network express etc. and the website

it is impossible that amex would NOT have access to their own systems and the bank would have access to the amex systems,
I called up the bank and the sugestion was laughed at

Mine is direct from AMEX but it seems to work ok. Few teething issues. I'm not sure the paywave thing works but I can insert. I don't like the summaries as I get confused if I owe money or I've overpaid but the app works fine. Yet to really realise the full value of the card.

it is impossible that amex would NOT have access to their own systems and the bank would have access to the amex systems,

On the back of your card it will say something along the lines of "Card issued by BANK pursuant to license from American Express". As mentioned by others, the bank issues the card and holds your information. AMEX have no access to data about you that your bank holds, they merely provide the network which processes the payment. This is no different to VISA/Mastercard.

If you wish to contact AMEX Connect about your account on that website, they have a 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of their website which takes you here: https://www316.americanexpress.com/...=networkServicing_en_AU&evtsrc=link&evttype=0

Uhh maybe call the institution who issued your Amex card.

Never had an issue with Amex issued Amex's.

On the back of your card it will say something along the lines of "Card issued by BANK pursuant to license from American Express". As mentioned by others, the bank issues the card and holds your information. AMEX have no access to data about you that your bank holds, they merely provide the network which processes the payment. This is no different to VISA/Mastercard.

If you wish to contact AMEX Connect about your account on that website, they have a 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of their website which takes you here: https://www316.americanexpress.com/...=networkServicing_en_AU&evtsrc=link&evttype=0

I think Might have been a bit uncleaer

the problems witht hte bank cba is logging into the american express netwrok website, thats the section with the statement credits etc etetc
it kept on saying "site is down plesae try again in 15 mins" this kept on going on for a few months,
I tried to call up and ask them to reset or to check the account, and then I got the story of them having n oaccess. which isnt correct, as no way they wont have access to their own system and logins, my bank laughed at the reason that they had the access,

the new problems im having with the new non bank amex, which arent big but still a headache,

eg my activation of the card, the website didnt work for a few hours

now on the app, my referal link option keeps on coming up with "there is an error with the sytem, please try again later"

the problems witht hte bank cba is logging into the american express netwrok website, thats the section with the statement credits etc etetc
it kept on saying "site is down plesae try again in 15 mins" this kept on going on for a few months,
I tried to call up and ask them to reset or to check the account, and then I got the story of them having n oaccess. which isnt correct, as no way they wont have access to their own system and logins, my bank laughed at the reason that they had the access

The method by which you need to contact AMEX Connect/Network is in my post above, and readily available on their website.

The method by which you need to contact AMEX Connect/Network is in my post above, and readily available on their website.

yes Idid that about 10 times for my inital bank amex issue, got an email back a few times, but with some generic stuff
when I called, and demanded I speak to a supervisor, they did promise to call me, and they did from america on that occasion,

the final response from the supervisor was, I dunno what to do.....

This seems to be two separate issues and combining them makes it confusing to me.

Is this close?

Firstly, with your CB issued Amex you signed up to https://network.americanexpress.com/connect/au/ and had login issues and Amex couldn't/didn't/wouldn't fix it.
yes sort of correct, I do have a cba card, the issue I had was once I goto the amex network website you mentioned, I would enter the username and password, if I entered it incorrectly, it would say incorrec,t however when I entered the correct one, it would say sorry our systems are down, try back in 15 mins. I could actualyl use the statement credits a so my account obviously was active. so Ibasically couldnt log in for about 2 months, and i actualyl gave up at one stage

This seems to be two separate issues and combining them makes it confusing to me.

Is this close?

Secondly, you now have a direct American Express CC and in your https://www.americanexpress.com/australia/ account you are unable to generate a referral link.

once again I might have been unclear, under the amex app, there isa referal link button to generate it, clicking it ojn my phone brings up a sorry our systems are down msg...

ps what do you mean by unable to geerate a referral link?? im pretty sure yo ucan ;)

yes sort of correct, I do have a cba card, the issue I had was once I goto the amex network website you mentioned, I would enter the username and password, if I entered it incorrectly, it would say incorrec,t however when I entered the correct one, it would say sorry our systems are down, try back in 15 mins. I could actualyl use the statement credits a so my account obviously was active. so Ibasically couldnt log in for about 2 months, and i actualyl gave up at one stage

once again I might have been unclear, under the amex app, there isa referal link button to generate it, clicking it ojn my phone brings up a sorry our systems are down msg...

ps what do you mean by unable to geerate a referral link?? im pretty sure yo ucan ;)

You are receiving statement credits from manual bank issued amex card signups? otherwise how would you have logged into amexconnect to get the offer?
I just logged into my westpac issued amex card account on amex connect and it worked.

Your issue seems to be isolated. why don't you call amex and ask them to unlink your bank issued amex card number to whatever username it is now and sign up to a new username?
or try resetting the password.

as much as I am loving this amex card, the systems/apps/phones/technologies are absolutely disgustingly hopeless

ive recently applied for an explorer and it went fine

I installed the app, and tried to generate the referal link and it says system down,

I go on to my pc and refera link is down, however I can login fine

I think Might have been a bit uncleaer

the new problems im having with the new non bank amex, which arent big but still a headache,

eg my activation of the card, the website didnt work for a few hours

now on the app, my referal link option keeps on coming up with "there is an error with the sytem, please try again later"

Is this close?

Secondly, you now have a direct American Express CC and in your https://www.americanexpress.com/australia/ account you are unable to generate a referral link.

That's clear as mud... All the way through I thought your second issue was that you could not generate a referral link? (I mean the same as you did when you posted and tried to generate the referal link above)if you can I guess I miss read the whole thread as a request for help in generating a link (when it was just a rant ;))

And just to further illustrate my point I just received an email from amex asking is everything OK as you haven't activated your card yet.

I've activated it and used it heaps for almost a week now.
Another system issue

so how do you login and manage your other visa or mastercards?

seriously though, amex would probably have the best setup for their own issued cards in terms of IT - they have to be innovative and ahead of the curve. i'd discount the OPs issues as isolated.

But one thing that did impress me was when I lowered my limit from 37.5 down to 5. It was done immediately and when I got off the phone the limit was already administered

Been with AMEX since 2013, never had much of an issue especially with the use of the card + points crediting. Website also seems to be in working order 98% of the time, and the mobile app is great. Still one of the most reliable CSR, IMHO.

AMEX cards applied direct from website, not bank institutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back